Anyone have 3 spare CS 5-spokes lying around? Also getting $$$$$!

GP1138

So I'm driving along on a four lane road on my way to work this morning, in the rightmost "lane", which is one of those halfass lanes where people park out in front of their house half the time, doing about 40 (in a 35). There's this alley coming up, at the end of which the pavement is torn up to hell, and there's this big huge rut at the end of it, and right as I'm noticing how much of a monster this rut is, I'm on top of it and I hear BAM! PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I figure I blew a tire, no biggie right? I get out and FUCK:

DSC02615.jpg

DSC02616.jpg

Smash served. If anybody has a spare GP crosslace sitting around they could possibly send me for cheap, don't care what condition, PM me or respond. This is fully my dumbass fault, but I'm a little bit pissed at the city for letting it get that bad and not having any cones or anything around it. I should have seen it, but it shouldn't have been there.

holy tap dancing canolie

that rut ate your lip for dinnAR!

hope you find a replacement that is equally as dirty as your other three wheels :lol:

Your best bet and quickest find will be to just head to a JY and pick up a rim that your tire will fit on.

Then search for another matching rim. I say this, because if you are just looking for a crosslace, you may spend more time than your lunch.

Your best bet and quickest find will be to just head to a JY and pick up a rim that your tire will fit on.

Then search for another matching rim. I say this, because if you are just looking for a crosslace, you may spend more time than your lunch.

I was thinking that too, but I see crosslaces in my local junkyard quite often. I don't care if it's gold or not, I just want one.

That brings me to my question: Are all GP crosslaces the same? Are they all 16x8 or is that just the TGP crosslace?

I thought they were all wider, due to the B4U kits....

And they aren't the same as far as centercaps for the newer ones (aluminum with "ABS" on them)

Damn, that thing got owned! :(

Ouch man, that sucks donkey schlong... I hit some bad ones too, but nothing that bad.

Also all GTP crosslaces, and TGP crosslaces are 8" wide. At least I was told so when I asked on here before I got mine.

Ouch man, that sucks donkey schlong... I hit some bad ones too, but nothing that bad.

Also all GTP crosslaces, and TGP crosslaces are 8" wide. At least I was told so when I asked on here before I got mine.

Excellent! Thanks Neb!

I would take that to the city hall, and tell them which pothole was unmarked. I know when I did that once, I had the city put new control arms, cvs, tie rods, ball joints and a new rim. They quickly fixed the pothole too :lol: I would definetly do something about that.

Holy shit, that sucks John. I'd definitely contact the city to see what they say about it at least. If they won't do anything for you, chunk that busted up xlace through the city hall's front window. :lol:

Make sure to check out the suspension on the car if you haven't already. That looked like a pretty rough hit, I'd at least check on the ball joint on that side. Afterall, it's there to carry the load of the vehicle and to help absorb impacts much like the one you encountered with the pothole. :redface:

Well, I called the city, and it turns out the girl I talked to, her brother works at the dealership I work at! She said that the city will probably just cut me a check.. so I'm gonna go to the dealership and find out how much a brand new rim costs. This might pay off after all...

i know if something hapens here in PA in a construction zone that results in damage to your car and you have resonable proof that it was the road that did that, they will often times cut you a check,

i know if something hapens here in PA in a construction zone that results in damage to your car and you have resonable proof that it was the road that did that, they will often times cut you a check,

The roads are so bad in Fairborn I'm almost sure I'll get restitution. The woman I talked to was very enthausiastic and nice about it.

I'm glad I called!

Nice! Yeah man, go for it, you'll get a rim + tire, and still have a few hundered in the pocket. :lol:

But yea, I can belive it too, when I got mine, one wasn't in great shape, so I asked at the insurance salvage yard how much for a used GTP gold crosslace wheel, and he told me they have 2 in stock. $285 each! That's canadian dollars, but still, 285 for a used one, that needed to get cleaned up a lot, and clearcoated again.

Good deal!

They'll probably want to see the wheel (or more likely, the reciept after you purchase it) then they will refund you the money for the parts. What you do? Ask for 2 copies of the invoice so if they take the "original" you will still have another one, then bring it back ;)

That's how I got my mail in rebate for $100 on my laptop, which the school paid for :lol: