engine swap

grndprixss

i am planing to put a series 1 3.8 in my grand prix . has anyone done this, i know the buick regal gran sport is like this. does anyone know what i need to go from the 3.1 to the 3.8? help me out thanks

ooooooooh paaaaaaaahwaaaaaah. hehe I have a series 1 3.8 in my regal. It should be ver simple, all you will need it is the motor and the computer. all the other stuff should bolt right on aka alternator, PS, tranny, radiator, yaddah yaddah yaddah.

Same size, 30 more HP and about the same torque,. The guy down at the local buick shop told me the series 1 has way more potential though, and he wants to do a custom turbo setup on mine, which will take place next year. Also, the series IIs have manifold problems (they leak coolant into the motor). In addition, they are butt-ass ugly engines.

Unless its one of the earlier non-teflon bladed superchargers (205hp 265 tq), a supercharged s1 puts out 225 horses and 280 lb/ft torque - damned good if you ask me. i'd certainly love to have one, but bonnies and rivs are too much $$ to just buy to rip the engine out of. - Tom

i am planing to put a series 1 3.8 in my grand prix . has anyone done this, i know the buick regal gran sport is like this. does anyone know what i need to go from the 3.1 to the 3.8? help me out thanks

If you have an 88-90 you'll need a subframe from a 91+ W body, it has the different mounting points for the 3.4DOHC and the series 1 3800!!

i just picked up a 92 gp from ebay for cheep, i have the motor from a delta 88 i was just worried about the wireing. if the gran sport harness will plug and play in my grand prix?