got the wheels on finally!!!!!! (topless P.2)

Psych0matt

check out my cardomain (my server is down apparently, so this was the only place to put them :lol:)

they seem to fit perfectly in the front with that spacer, although I have yet to take her out (after a quick shower) the rears stick out, but not nearly as much as i thought with a 1.5 inch spacer. it clears the trailing arm though!

edit: I'll post the cardomain ones

521382_71_full.jpg

521382_72_full.jpg

521382_74_full.jpg

521382_75_full.jpg

Looks good, although i don't understand why you need that much of a wheel spacer in the back. You saw how my wheels are and they clear in the back with no spacers although they are tight. If it has clearance at full droop on the rear suspension, it has clearance. I think it would look better if they were in just a little bit so they'd be in the wheelwell

What size tires were they again?

that's what i thought, jeremy, my car has P245's on it and i don't need a spacer at all on the back...and my tires are still "tucked" as you can see in my sig

my only worry was the rear trailing arms. I'll probably try and get some smaller ones, but I knew that those would be plenty.

However, on the front... NO rubbing! (other than a loose plastic thing that occasionally hits anyways)

The back end ruins it for me with the wheels out that far. What is the offset/backspacing on those rims? You should not need spacers that big at all.

i got a buddy that can machine some up for realatively cheap, i think im going to try 3/4" or there abouts and see what else I need. I just know that without any spacer in back, the edge of the rim is barely touching the trailing arm, and i didnt want to risk rubbing it with the tires. don't worry, it won't look bad that long :-D

Oh

My

God....

That looks A W E S O M E ! ! I can't wait to get my 18s for the Lumina now! I love the look matt.. Now, hurry up and get those Olds centers in there! :cool:

And I second the pics with the top down! Don't see many of your car that way :willynilly:

Looks like it has the potential to look really good, but they sure stick out a lot, how big is the front spacer?

Looks like you need a widebody kit!

Are your tires really 245/45? That's a really tall sidewall for 19".

the front spacer is i think 5/16 (just a plate) and it was about perfect to clear the caliper. i thought it was still going to hit, but once they were torqued down it was perfect. And yeah, theyre 245/45. only reason I went that big is because they were the most abundant, and with some of the crappy roads I have to drive on I wanted to minimize as much as possible the risk of bending something. once i get some smaller spacers and redo my suspension, it should look even better (now to decide if I still need to lower the front, but i wont know without seeing how new shocks are going to change the height)

Did you upgrade to 96 front brakes? How come you didn't go with the same size spacer in the rear? There should be plenty of clearance.

You'll have to be careful about lowering, if your tires don't tuck, they'll hit the fender on hard bumps.

i didnt do anything with the brakes. when i test fitted them, the front was hitting the caliper but not by much. on the rear, it cleared the calipers with like a half inch or more, but without a spacer the rim was touching the trailing arm, but had a very tiny gap with the small spacer, although the tire would surely rub. i threw the small spacers on the front so it would clear the calipers, and just bought some big spacers for the back so i can work my way down and not ruin expensive tires because they rub the trailing arm or something

I would have, and surely will, go the Shawn route and grind down anything that the tires are hitting. I don't want to have to use a spacer at all. I would even consider custom trailing arms to get those wheels tucked in more.

BUT

I do HAVE to say those wheels look DAMN nice.....Good Job!!! :thumb:

Those look nice. If I were to replace the wheels on my car I would have went with 17s myself just becuase those do seems large. I like them though.

:shrug: I don't think they look too big for the car at all... the tires are a bit tall, but the wheels themselves look like a perfect size. Then again, I've been window shopping for high-end European cars all morning that come with big wheels and low profile tires from the factory.

Damn, that's sexay!

What type of lugnuts are you using? (As in, are you using "tuner" lugs?)

:lol: nope, just the stock ones. the rear ones are clean because they came with the spacer, but the fronts are just the regular ones. i want to get caps eventually. (i do have locks on, though)