92 GP radio wiring

EviLette

im sick of not having my door speakers working... they dont work because (ive been told) the door speakers come on when the park lights come on... so u run park lights all the time... so it would be a dimmer wire or something...

The guy that installed my stereo is a douchebag... he clipped all teh wires, right up against the wiring harness and wouldnt let me get aharness for it... i have one now, all the harnesses i need (except that one thing wont plug in, maybe i dont need it... but right now its just connected wires, and my door speakers dont work.

any write-ups? The factory deck was a tape player with an equalizer on it... radio controls on the steering wheel

they dont work because (ive been told) the door speakers come on when the park lights come on... so u run park lights all the time... so it would be a dimmer wire or something...

Uh, if your car's wiring is as fucked as you say, then maybe, but no, your door speakers should work regardless.

What the hell? The ONLY THING your lights have to do with is on the older Delco-Loc I decks. Sometimes they won't come off "LOC" until your turn the lights on.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the exact same car as you. I recently had a new Pioneer 5800 Deck installed by Best Buy. The price was messed, got it for 50 bucks off, and they had a free install. If you need any help with wiring colours, I could pull off my door panels for you and see where they connect to my current deck. Oh I have also replaced my front dash speakers as well as my 2 rear speakers. The 2 left in the door are still currently stock.

factory wire colors in case you want to try and rewire it yourself

http://streetdreams.com/wires/gm/general-1979-cur.html

That's for an Aftertmarket Radio. It can Happen if he has it grounded with the black wire with a white stripe instead of hooking it to the solid black wire.

Hope this helps.

#1 Plug

Factory Radio Wiring Diagram:

Constant Power / Orange

Switched Power / Yellow

Power Antenna / Pink

Dimmer / Black/Wht

Illumination / Yellow

Ground / Black

#2 Plug Front Speakers

Left- / Grey

Left+ / Tan