• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john99gtp

• 5speedz34

• terryk2003

• SigEpCutlass

john,

check the flexplate when you pull the motor(if you havent already)

back in the day i parted out my truck cause it had what sounded just like a rod knock in the lower end, had all the same symptoms. the flexplate cracked around the crank hub.

Werd.

what year is the longblock?

its an 04 with 20,000 miles

So is it a Series 3? If so won't there be some mods to be made.......

Also, do you plan on keeping the old motor?

that sucks ass there is nothing more i can say :damnit1: is most likely what you are saying to yourself and everyone else

i was there and "damnit" deffinatly wasnt one of the words he was using...

john,

back in the day i parted out my truck cause it had what sounded just like a rod knock in the lower end, had all the same symptoms. the flexplate cracked around the crank hub.

Werd.

No. There was a Series II L67 in the Monte Carlo and Impala that year.

john,

Werd.

No. There was a Series II L67 in the Monte Carlo and Impala that year.

I know that, but he didn't specify.

i'm pretty sure Ed said the engine is out of a 2004 Grand Prix...he just kept telling him not to worry about that...i guess the main difference between the 2 engines is top end?...and since the only thing he's getting where the block and heads, i think he's good to go...

we got the engine in...just gotta reassemble everything....I'll post pics of John in his engine bay tomorrow...I'm exhausted[br]Posted on: May 03, 2006, 01:10:59 AM_________________________________________________some pics I took...sorry for the glare...my camera doesn't like the lighting in the shop

I'm sure John will post more when he gets home

DSC02104.JPG

DSC02105.JPG

DSC02106.JPG

DSC02107.JPG

DSC02108.JPG

And here's an engine from someone else's car at IDD, who's at the shop with us

boom1.jpg

boom2.jpg

I wish I woulda got a pic of my truck hauling 2 3800s down the higway :lol:

it lowered my rear end another 2 inches :lol:

rofl! that was cool of you to help them out Matt.

ya, thats awesome...where is a pic of you for proof.....j/j.

wow...wish i coulda helped out...too bad i had to work...damnit...frankies car was deffinatly fucked up...WOW...BTW, when i talked to john monday night he said he'd have it together and be @ work by wednsday...WTF is taking you guys so long?...

Well I'm skeptical since John said he had the oil changed by the dealer, right before he left...

But, on a brighter note, John is on his way home right now. The car runs great, he says it runs better than it did before, so he's quite content

Well I'm skeptical since John said he had the oil changed by the dealer, right before he left...

But, on a brighter note, John is on his way home right now. The car runs great, he says it runs better than it did before, so he's quite content

Cool! Did he put all his mods back onto it?

Also remember that John's car had been stolen before. (before he bought the car)

Shitty.

Cool! Did he put all his mods back onto it?

the only thing he didnt put back on where the rockers...and yes, he's on his way home right now...said the cars running great...he's in New York now...

That so fucking shitty even still. If the dealer underfilled significantly on the oil change, would that be enough to kill it like that on a long drive? I hope he doesn't get fired for missing work.

Thanks for the support guys!!!!!

I r home!!!!

well, kinda, im back in New Hampshire, but i went directly to work.

im so fucking tired, i woke up at 430am yesterday, worked my ass off, fired the car up at 5:15pm or so, out of the shop ~6, on the road at 7pm, nonstop to CT, where i dropped another guy off (he was in a worse condition with his job theni was), slept for 2 hours at a rest stop, got to NH, got pulled over for 75 in a 55 (100 bucks), and now im at work, and getting shit piled on top of me. i shoulda went home :(

im soooo tired right now, once i straighten the crap, im going home (hopefully)

The engine was an 04 longblock from a grand prix. there were only a couple differences, one being connecting rods. i have some pics on my camera, but for obviouis reasons, i cant post em now :P

I spent 1600 more bucks then i wanted to on this trip, but it was worth it :) the car is fucking smooth as hell, i got on it a couple times when we were in NY, and the blower is soooooo much louder. I was paranoid, rolling down the windows at any slight sounds, but the only thing i could hear was my damn exhaust leak. Im still getting KR, but i think its cause i have a stock pump (123,000 miles now) and there is a crack in my FPR/vacuum T-connection.

I just want to give a big thanks to the guys at Intense (dont start) for letting us take up part of their shop. They were very nice about it, having 2 cars in there doing engine swaps side by side :lol:

Also, big thanks to Matt for going to pick up the engines =) and i told you to get a shot of the truck with the blocks!!!!! it was funny, haha

god i want sleep!

For those having problems viewing the video, i fixed the DNS issues (i hope)

it may take up to 48 hours to propogate all the way.