• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john99gtp

• 5speedz34

• terryk2003

• SigEpCutlass

thats shitty. one minute shes running and the next dead.

atleast we know its not lifter tick haha

if it was lifter tick on a 2nd gen i was marching down to GM to kill them all

My 3.1 has started ticking, do NOT use Shell oil... :evil:

really? ive used shell oil a couple times when oil would be up to $2 a quart.....

EDIT::(didnt see the 2nd page :redface:) that sucks john!!! do you know for sure what the problem is 100%? if you do get rid of it, just demod it and sell as a rolling chassis and save some of the other stuff for your new car

yea man i feel your pain my lumina with a 3.1 did the same thing, it was ticking (lifter) then i never took care of it and kinda ran it high on rpms... which a mechanic advised me not to :willynilly: and after i was done dicking around for about 5 mins i come home and i hear a knocking noise :(

Don't junk your car, it might be something simple in the low end, and if you don't drive on it a lot then you might not have done too much damage yet. pull the lower end of the engine if you can, or best yet drop the oil pan and look up there. pull your bearings and see how good they are.

A machineshop guy once told me that when you start getting a lifter tick its telling you that a bearing is getting bad.

so before you get into buying another one check yours out first. it will save you plenty of money.

Hope this helps.

-Jeff

i was planning on putting a motor in it. i just need to figure out what im going to do. probably rent a uhaul and bring it home

and in 3 minutes, you get to hear the awesome-o sound.[br]Posted on: April 30, 2006, 02:45:01 PM_________________________________________________and zee videos, uploading now, but these will be the links

right click>save as

http://idd.jbarbieri.net/7/john/MOV00102.MPG

http://idd.jbarbieri.net/7/john/MOV00103.MPG

I tried to call, but your phone is off...oh well.

yea it was messed up, you can try now, lol

and hopefully i figured out what im doing

with the awesomely big help from my buddy matt :D

you dont really need a new engine, just get a new short block. have all the work done to it and slap it in. your top end shoudlnt have too much mileage on it. this could be a good opportunity to beef up that engine more :)

nah, i just decided to drop a longblock in there, with no mods and bring her home. the engine only has 20k miles on it (compared to my 122k)

also, its the easiest and most direct dropin, and dont have to fuck with the heads and shit

john,

check the flexplate when you pull the motor(if you havent already)

back in the day i parted out my truck cause it had what sounded just like a rod knock in the lower end, had all the same symptoms. the flexplate cracked around the crank hub.