Thinking about putting a PANASONIC CQ-C8403U cd player in my Intrigue

IRONDOG442

I actually don't mind the flipdown faces, the motorized ones look really cool. I used MP3 CD's that hold 10+ albums anyway, so I never swapped CD's that often. Anyhow, I just recently got with the times using an iPod controlled by the HU. It's like having a 1000+ CD changer in the car, but not taking up nearly as much space!

Glad you liked it. I love my iPod. And I'm not a sheep either.

Panasonic head units look terrible and probably sound terrible too. I can't remember exactly why I didn't get one, but it might have been how slowly it loaded and how shitty the menu system was. Panasonic is a great company, but their car audio division can suck a big one.

There's a better one than that!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HV8PGsyqTFR/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=ddx6019&i=113DDX6019

I had a Panasonic Ghost Face stereo for a bit... never installed it, but seemed like a real nice stereo. Wife didn't appreciate it's itty bitty clock display is the only reason I didn't install it.

I REALLY REALLY like that Kenwood in that link!!!! That is just sexy looking!!!!!

Whoa Gnat, talking about pulling out all the stops! That is supa-balling :willynilly:

and GP1138, without aftermarket speakers, is the difference in sound quality noticable between different head units with the same tech? (not just panasonic, but any name brand; completely serious quesiton)

I think the one thing panasonic does very well are their cordless phones. They have ok TVs but I'd rather a Sony for the price.

(sorry for straying off topic) :biggrin:

Those are all very solid and I would love nothing but to cram them into the Intrigues dash, but you guys have to understand I live in a terrible neighborhood. There are more crackheads than trees in my zip code! These crackheads here are like Tyrone Biggums (from the Chappelle's show) on RedBalls, you hear the 6 million dollar man sound, then they break your window and SHAZAM!! your HU is out of your dash quicker than Paris Hiltons panties hit the floor on a Friday night after the club. Tyrone_Biggums.jpg

I ended up going the cheap route (the smart route) and buying this unit from Kenwood DPX 6020 for $100 (used) I think it will do what I need it to. It won't do much for Jeremy and Shawn, but it does wonders for my wallet. dpx6020.jpg

That's not TOO bad looking. Kind of big but got some cool features. You might as well just put a 13" tv in your dash, there really wouldn't be much difference... :lol: :lol:

Well I put the Kenwood in I bought off ebaY and the SOB wont load or eject CDs!!! I was very happy with the way it looked, fit and sounded too!. Here it is partially in (I did not push it all the way in with the screws because it was comming right back out after I found it it had a loading issue), the dimensions were exactly the same as the old Delco unit it replaced and the display colors are the same as my dash. Well I ordered a brand new one (a different model) which wont be as nice but at least it will work. here's some pics.

http://dsc010480lf.th.jpg

http://dsc010493qd.th.jpg

Bummer that it didn't work out. That doesn't look like the same model you said you were getting though. :think:

What did you order?

I did a search for "double din" on eBay today and it pulls up some older exotic stuff. A seller on there "kyoto-exports" sells some crazy old HU's from Japan, there's some real interesting looking stuff.

I seen those but the FM tuners are Japanese and wont work here in the states, they do look tuff though. I ordered a a KDX 3010 the first Kenwood HU in this posting.