1990 4 door Lumina Euro Amp wiring..

Derik

Okay first off Where do I hook the power cord to? The battery?

Number two Does anyone have any pointers of where to run my Wires so they are not just strung through the car? I want them 100% hidden.

Number 3, Im Derik I just joined and will be posting occasionly.

Nice to meet you all,

:smile: Derik

Hello Derik

1) Theres two spots you can hook up the power wire. You can hook it up to the AUX post, of the battery terminal ( which is preferred )

2) When I did my wiring, I ran the power wire under the carpet on the drivers side. The RCA's and remote wire under the carpet on the passengers side. it makes for a nice and clean install which should be just what your looking for! You might have to wrestle with them a little bit to get them where you want em to be, but the install is worth the time that you put in.

Do NOT hook your amp wire to the Aux terminal!!! Look at the size of the wire that "feeds" the Aux terminal, and you'll see that it's a smaller gauge than your amp's wiring. Save yourself a burnt battery cable by wiring your amp directly to the battery.

I purchased a "Scosche" brand battery block from Wally World. You remove the screw from your positive battery cable and replace it with the supplied "lug," then clamp the battery block to the lug. There are provisions for a 4 gauge wire and an 8 gauge wire.

batteryblock.jpg

There is a large rubber grommet located on the firewall between the driver's side strut tower and the master cylinder that you can use to pass wires through to the passenger compartment. This is the hole that was used for the clutch master cylinder on the manual trans-equipped W-Bodies.

firewall.jpg

i have my 2 amps hooked to the AUX post... Why would it not be enough, its used to jump the vehicle. A hell of alot more current than any "normal" car stereo would use. Then again i only have a combined total of 400w.... Yeah i did the same thing as 19cutlass94 i ran my power under the door sill on the driver side and the 3 RCA's under the door sill on the passenger side. Then behind the doors i tucked it under the carpet, under the back seat and through into the trunk. :willynilly: its a pain but worth it to not be able to see the wires.

I just did mine today and I have it running of the AUX post, 400w amplifier. I ran the remote and RCA underneath the passenger side and the power underneath the drivers side. Can't see it at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I ran my power wire through the front fender down and under the plastic mouldings inside the car, I cant see them at all. The RCAs, well I was in a hurry and I just ran them between my buckets and covered them with hockey tape :lol:

Number two Does anyone have any pointers of where to run my Wires so they are not just strung through the car? I want them 100% hidden.

when i did mine, i ran my wires from the firewall, under the carpet by the pedals...then took off the lower interior trim pieces(ones that run along the sides of the car...near the door sills) then stuck the wires down there until the wires went into the trunk.

then put back on the trim, and they're 100% hidden