5000 mile L67 go kaboom - pics

White93z34

Wow if that is it, I feel bad for the poor guy that buys it without really knowing what happened to it, no way in hell I would run that engine without tearing it all apart and replacing stuff. That is definitely lacking some info for an auction too...

Shouldn't a Bonny and a GTP both have the same drivetrain if its a 3800SC II? :?

my location: Around Pittsburgh PA

secondly, his has 7000 miles on it along with a mess of sensors and the harmonic ballancer. the one we have sitting on the floor of the garage has 5000 miles and no sensors or harmonic ballancer

he also goes on to mention a ZZP camshaft whereas i said eralier that he had the INTENSE stage one camshaft

and just look at the pictures, the background looks nothing like it does in the pictures i took

so might want to look at the description and fine lines before anyone goes burning us at the steak, i mean it took 2 seconds to see that is was some 800+ miles away from where i am.

as for what he is going to do with the shortblock that we have, we don't know. he may try and sell it on club gp, but i doubt anyone will buy it knowing its history, even though i woulden't hesitate to use it if i had a modified Gen2, so more then likely it will get parted out.

secondly, his has 7000 miles on it along with a mess of sensors and the harmonic ballancer. the one we have sitting on the floor of the garage has 5000 miles and no sensors or harmonic ballancer

he also goes on to mention a ZZP camshaft whereas i said eralier that he had the INTENSE stage one camshaft

and just look at the pictures, the background looks nothing like it does in the pictures i took

so might want to look at the description and fine lines before anyone goes burning us at the steak, i mean it took 2 seconds to see that is was some 800+ miles away from where i am.

as for what he is going to do with the shortblock that we have, we don't know. he may try and sell it on club gp, but i doubt anyone will buy it knowing its history, even though i woulden't hesitate to use it if i had a modified Gen2, so more then likely it will get parted out.

Yeah, your location kinda confused me but I didn't know if it was a joke, good to clear that up I guess the coincidence is just crazy :lol:

Whats the reason for the balance shaft delete?Wouldnt it help to keep it in there?

you have to disable the balance shaft when you use a double roller timing set.

There is no room behind the timing set for the gear that drives the balance shaft.

94 supreme, I'd strongly advise you to READ before you jump to conclusions like that again.

n00bs.. :roll:

I didn't jump to conclusions, i didn't mean to burn anybody, and i'm sorry if i did and after i said it i posted twice after that it probaly wasn't him, i was shocked how close the builds were and i didn't look at the location jus like the other people who posted after me Friends everyone once inawhile don't remember everything about the build or are jus off a little bit that's y beyond the location the build is almost exact except one or two things that was said out of alot of info

Kinda makes ya wonder what happened to that motor if he's starting the bid at $150.00 - I probably wouldn't buy it.

not to Hi-Jack too much ... but what does the balance shaft look like on these motors?

--Dave.

after taxes, and since he isan't giving them his old engine as a core it came out to just about $1000 exactly, its out of a 98' SSEI, with 23,000 on it, plus a 90 day warranty, and it came complete with the supercharger and even the fuel rail.

like i said we hope to make back most of or all of that by either selling or parting out his old shortblock, and i've gone over it myself, the whole bottom end is pristine, since the failure was something in one of the heads. but its just too much hassle for us to be screwing with this high compression engine, and he just wants the car good and relyable again.

i should have more pictures later, i'll be heading over there tonight for more work.

yeah, just from the pics I see I would say your bottom end is prob pretty sound. Those bits of metal look like either valve seals or spring retainers.

Personally I wouldnt waste all that effort. Get the heads pressure checked and cleaned up. Check the deck surface and make sure its good and level. if not raise a stink at the machine shop and make them level it proprly and get them to compensate you in some way for having to redo the gaskets and such (I dont think its out of line to make them pay at least for a head rebuild and parts to redo all your topend gaskets).

Once thats done rebuild the topend and be meticilous. Also I would pony up the cash for some ARP head bolts, but thats me.

well if you haven't noticed, this thread is about getting a un-modified engine in the car, i have no complaints with the intense cam that was in there, it definately helped the mind and high end.

however the intense LSD he has, is coming out this summer.

we did however just order a billet flexplate from intense, simply because we don't want another stock felxplate fail on us.

ok, i haven't posted ina few days, heres a update:

14.JPG

woohoo, new flexplate, if he breaks this, somethings very wrong!

22.JPG

whole mess of new parts - GM fresh!

15.JPG

the engine bay all ready for the new engine

16.JPG

almost in...

17.JPG

and its in!

18.JPG

reasembleing

19.JPG

all asembled!

20.JPG

reflashing the pcm!

21.JPG

and its back in the driveway after a 40 or so mile shake down.

overall it runs awesome, the new radiator completely solved the overheating problem we had been having, the car runs great now, and had no problem climbing to 100+. dosen't have quite as much oomph as i did when the old engine ran right, but oh well. i'm just so happy that it started on the first try and runs so well.

from start to finish, it took us about 4 days total working in the evenings, we woulda had it done sooner but we had to wait for the new flexplate to come in the mail.

i'm pleased with how it turned out, and that bonne, is his dads 05' GXP. awesome car!