TGP twice stated in latest Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine

Jeff M

In the most recent Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine there is an article on collector car insurance coverage and loss. They show a large pic of a TGP (YEA!!) and use it to make their point about getting the right coverage for your rare Pontiac, for when that time comes (we hope never does) you make a claim for loss or damage. They state that the collector value of a 1990 TGP with 10,000 miles at around $12,000! And in another article in that same mag (March/April 2003 if anyone is interested) they reference unique collector cars of which, the TGP is included, stating how hard parts are and harder parts will be to get!

Nice to still see the TGP still attracting exposure and recognition!

That's all.

Jeff M

I thought the car had to be a certain age to get that sort of insurance, or be in like extremely limited production, (i.e. WAY less than the TGP was). Or maybe that was to insure it as an antique.....oh well

Robby

Well I can say that if someone has the money, there will be an insurance company somewhere that will provide whatever coverage you want. Some of those would be Lelane-West, Voyager Insurance Services, Luxury Insurance, Classic Collectors Insurance and others. I think that a local insurer would also offer additional coverage of this type, like I said, if you want to spend more money, they will cover you. As for the TGP, granted I favor them but I am not obsessed with it so when I say it is a very special vehicle that is just a fact. Robby, being special with only 4,000 TGPs made (less on the road!) seems a small amount, but another is having one that is in showroom quality, and all original, those 3 key items would make it a vehicle worthy of collector level insurance, that’s my opinion. Some of what makes the TGP unique is its heritage and background, beating the GMC Syclone in factory stock form in the Pikes Peak Race of 1988, Pace the Daytona 500, be used and seen several times in the Movie Days of Thunder with Tom Cruise, be modified to turbo form by a very respected company; McLaren Performance, who were the only ones to outdo the Grand National into the awesome collector car GNX. The Pikes Peak racer is for sale in Vegas at a collectors car show, and a red TGP is in the Pontiac Historical Museum in Michigan, and so on. It has a pretty well rounded and impressive background, not that other cars don’t, it’s just nice for TGP owners to have a car associated with all this.

LukeZ34, quit showing that dang Conv Cutty at the bottom of your posts, I already have enough cars I want without being reminded there is another :)

Jeff M

I'll check the store around here, I havent been in while. I'll prolly go this weekend, if you want, I can mail it or, if your coming to the meet in the summer, give it to ya then

Robby