stock delco lighting

ihateallmustangs

Ok i got my cd player in and all (skips like shit over every bump) mountin issues.... anyways its from a 2002 GP everything is fine execpt at night the lights on the deck are very dim. Anyway to fix this? even with my dim switch cranked its still shows dim lighting. Not being able to see anything on the cd player blows donkeys to sleep.

please help thanks

sometimes they just go bad someone had a similar problem on here, i think it was 3pt1lumina, search for it, but dude, it's a stocker Cd deck, dime a dozen, it dies, replace it - it's only $20 from a yard.

Yeah just get another one. It really shouldn't skip on every bump, because my un-rebuilt 94 unit doesn't even do that. :lol:

They are hella easy to find compared to older GP/Cutlass/Lumina ones anyways. A lot cheaper too.

I dont know...I suppose an '02 unit wouldn't bolt up right, so that could be the problem right there. But before I fixed my broken IP carrier, my dash shook like all hell and it still never skipped. As for my old Sony CD player...I wont even go there. :x

How do you have this radio mounted?

well as most know its tight in the radio compartment of the olds dash.. I just packed some blue styra foam around the bottom and top.. its pretty much just sittin there. But yeah i think it does skip way too much the littlest thump and it will skip. You can also hear the cd moving around easily. Gonna take her apart I paid almost $70 for it.

try cleaning the cd lens as well, it's accesable with the top off.

x2, I had to run a CD through there and clean the lens because it had been sitting on a shelf for who knows how long

When I put my radio in the backlighting didn't work at all. I had to rewire it. I can post a link to my thread if you need it.

On my dad's Lumina, I just plugged the radio in and it worked fine. Of course, the radio actually belonged to that generation vehicle.