• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GnatGoSplat

• Brian P

• 91GranSport

• Robby1870

i think fuck had to be said cuz its just that ugly but ill see muh way the fuck thread to vent out

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats pretty funny! We just try to keep the swearing out of posts thats all

Robby

Yesterday, I saw 2 commercials for the 04 GP. One with a guy driving and flipping buttons on the steering wheel while the kids played video games in the back seat, and another with a blind woman driving in the desert.

Honestly, the more I see it, the uglier it looks.

I guess I'm the opposite of most people, they usually like it more as they see it more, but I actually like it less and less.

Yesterday, I saw 2 commercials for the 04 GP. One with a guy driving and flipping buttons on the steering wheel while the kids played video games in the back seat, and another with a blind woman driving in the desert.

I guess I'm the opposite of most people, they usually like it more as they see it more, but I actually like it less and less.

I didn't like them at all until I went to a dealership in Conyers, GA that had 3 GTP's, only one had the comp g package, they don't look half bad to me anymore although I doubt I'll get rid of my 01 for one anytime soon.

Yeah, I looked at the 04's in person too, I didn't really think they looked any better in person at all. I didn't drive one though, didn't really have any interest to.

I saw one on the streets yesterday, it was from out of town but it was the first one I have seen on the streets.

i use to love the g-force one they had, but jsut like u i look at it more and more and i hate it. if that g-force version gunna be made even?

I'll do a second go-round on my take on the car (first one decided to suddenly disappear)

a) The gauge cluster 'looks' alright, I mean, I like the duo-tone appearance. Where function is concerned, strike one! It's because of the fact that one can compare it to the kind of cluser us Monte's have: too few gauges! No amp rate, no boost rate? Man, thank Gee Ooo Dee someone had the brains to put a gear selector in the HUD.

B) I've never seen so little thought put into a control panel before. The last time I saw that much stark, black plastic was in a pre-90s Ford Tempo. BTW, I know it's not just me when I say that with the many circular elements throughout the interior, that center control panel is the most out of place being so damned square!

c) What's with the steering wheel? Either use the aluminum themed treatment throughout the interior or don't use it at all. The bit you see on the wheel can also be seen on the gauge rings, and I think the gear selector panel. Incidentally, I'm not including the amount barely visible on the interior door latch. For that matter, get rid of that ugly-ass steering wheel altogether.

d) I have always hated the seam between hood and fascia. Ever since they did it with the Sunfire, I've been wanting to walk up to every single one I've seen and give the hood a push because it always looks like they're unlatched. I guess they're thinking, 'Well, the hood has to open somehow! The public isn't supposed to notice these things!'. Trust me, because I like how the hood meets nothing but the inlet opening like on the Monte, and the Mustang, and many other cars. It's better than the thick looking pin-stripe across the hood. Oh well, take page 1 from the Sunfire.

e) Where's the fenders? I loved the look of the flared fenders on the previous generations...that was identifiable character! Oh well, take page 2 from the Sunfire.

f) Never did like how they did the redesign of the front fascia on the Sunfire with those gigantic quad fog-signal light openings in the bumper. (Cut and paste: http://www.internetautoguide.com/reviews/2001/2001_Pontiac_Sunfire.html ) Made me think that someone came drunk to work at the design team's table thinking, 'It needs light...lots and lots of lights. Lights are perty.' Oh look! That guy must have helped design the GP! Oh well, take page 3 from the Sunfire.

g) I wonder if they will ever give us something else to look at when Titanic wants to make a turn but with those titanic tailights. Honestly, how difficult would it have been to add an amber tint, I dunno, somewhere in those colosal asscheeks they call lights. Man, GM has always bugged me with that one.

h) Here's the 'Who shot J.R.' of them all. That rear trunk cover treatment is taken directly from the pages of Sunfire - page 4 specifically -. Why? Well, the GOD awful licence plate insert...gigantic in their own right next to those tail lights...is not attractive...never has been. And I know spoilers on sedans and hatchback and...well, pretty much all cars don't amount to anything functional...but could we, at the very least, have been offered one that actually covered the rear decklid end-to-end. That tiny thing is embarrasing. They didn't just take a page from Sunfire on that one...it looks like they completely raided the parts bin!!!

Useless attempt at something better. I guess we'll have to wait for the next lame attempt before we can have things back to normal. Aren't we the next generation of automobile buyers? How can they get away with this crap and expect the actual model enthusiasts to shell out those hard earned dollars?! Gees!

Hey, the pace car for the Richmond race didnt look to bad. I saw one up really close at the last car show here. I really liked it, took a roll of film, then the camera broke :lol:

jon

Im starting to think that the bonnevilles look more like grand prixs then that thing does. Im just waiting to one to get wrecked so i can stel the engine out of it :D

is it still mated to a 4t65hd? I saw more "realistic" pictures of one off an ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2414823560&category=6422 and i actually took what i said back about it looking worse every time i see it, but then i took THAT back too when i took a good look at the front. what the hell? whoever said it looked like it was making faces at me is right!!

whatever happened to "wider is better" Now thier slogan looks to be "taller, bloated, and looking unnervingly alike alien kind, is better!"

staring at the front of it i can almost imagine it thinking to itself how it would like to probe me :shock:

I still dont like. I think the older ones like 88-96 were the best looking. The 97-03 GP were nice but they didn't have the look of the 88-96. The 88-96's looked tougher and sportier. Now these 2004 GP's just don't appeal to me regardless of how much I see them or how much HP they have! :puke: :puke:

Me and my roommate were driving around town, and saw a 2004 GP. I still think it looks pretty sharp. The rear end could be less boxier, but overall, its not bad. I like the interior too, I dont like the fact that its still has an auto tranny, but thats another argument. I think someone mentioned the G-Force. That was a very sharp, plus it had more power. However, I think we all know GM would never produce something like that. I mean, the G-force, the G8, and the GXP, should all have been production cars. But, instead we get the trimmed down version of those. Why even make concept cars, and get the public excited when GM knows its never gonna make more than 2 of them. Anyway, that got off topic. I still like the 2004

Robby

whatever happened to "wider is better" Now thier slogan looks to be "taller, bloated, and looking unnervingly alike alien kind, is better!"

staring at the front of it i can almost imagine it thinking to itself how it would like to probe me :shock:

ouch!

• 2 weeks later...