very weird problem

tyroelite

Okay, so my EGR hose rusted out and broke in the TGP. The exhaust gasses melted through my vaccum lines (most of them at the TB). So, I decided to replace the EGR with what I thought would work but ended up breaking that too. So, what I did was to create a cap for the bung on the exhaust manifold and just attached the EGR to the intake with the hose broken where it was. So, I replaced all my vac lines (I think they are right) and put it all back together. Now, when I punch it, it works great and makes lots of power, unil it gets to the first black line on the positive side. At that point, the boost cuts back to the second black line down in the green and stays there. If I give it more gas, it doesn't rev higher or anything, just stays there until I either lift or it shifts gears or something to jog it and then it will start making boost again until the same mark. When it cuts back, it sometimes seems like when the computer cuts fuel bc of over boost and sometimes it seems like it just bogs way down. So, anybody got some good ideas what cold cause these symptoms?? THis one's got me puzzled.