Paint job?

mischief3003

I got a bumper cover for my 94 gp but the only thing is taht i dont like how it looks on the car. My car is red and the bumper cover is black. So does anyone know where i can get a cheap paint job just for hte bumper cover? I only expect this car to alst me for a tear or 2 until i can get my Trans am lol. I prolly end up gettin a firebird, cheaper by alot. Please help me my car is almost completely fixed up i just need to cut my rotors and put the new mufflers on.

just drove around to different body shops, show them what you want, offer to remove it and bring it to them and see how much they want to just paint it to match your car.

I called Maaco and they said $300 just to paint the bumper cover. IM still thinking about it. How much does the paint cost to paint and clear coat it yourself, and do i need anyhting else to paint it with? like air brush? Help.

I was talking to the guy on the phone and he was like a good paint job on the bumper cover for $300 and then a shitty paint on the car for $350. But my paint job on my car is still in really good condition so i dont really wanna waste gettin the car repainted.

I'd do it yourself at that point then.. Im sure you can get all you need for that for SURE under $100 USD, and more likely under $50 USD.. Good luck! GOt any pics of your ride?

And off topic, but Dave, your car looks so funny without a spoiler :lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2212449 Thats my ride. I talked to my auto teacher and he said ya for that price do it yourself. And i was thinking of maybe doing the spoiler i got first to test it. It just that i kinda like how the car looks without it. I dk its a head decision. But C-bad could you just tell me step by step what to do(like prep sanding etc.). It would help me out alot lol. Do I gotta sand the old paint off to? Also, I dont got a compressor so i cant really use an air brush.

As long as the old paint is good (not peeling) you can just rough it up with 600 grit. If it is bad you'll want to sand down as much as you need to.

Primer, then paint. I put on 3 coats. I like to make sure the first coat is thin, the following coats can be a bit thicker. Apply each additional coat when paint become tacky. Wait maybe a couple hours before applying clearcoat (several coats, same as the paint). Try to do this in a heated garage, or above 5*C if possible. Keep anything oily or that has silicone away (ie Armorall) cause it can cause "fish eyes" in the paint.

Don't be afraid to wet sand that thing once the warmer weather comes around. You can wet sand rattle can paint - don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I did my driver side rear door, pas fender, wing, grille and two bumper tops with rattle can and the wet sanding is perfect. Just load the clear on so you have paint to cut into.

oo Alright man i think im gonna try to do this soon. And I like the rims u got. How long did it take you to do all 4 of those? lol

were you asking me because I posted something and then deleted it... I missed reading one post and what I said didnt fit correctly.

oo Alright man i think im gonna try to do this soon. And I like the rims u got. How long did it take you to do all 4 of those? lol

My friend polished them (works at a polishing place). It took him a while (couple nights while he was smoking dope.. lol)

I just prepped/painted them.

lol no sry man i was talkin to C-Bad cause i got the same rims as him and same car. I like how the car looks with black rims. DO i only need one layer of primer the like 3 coats of paint and like 3 coats of clear? Sorry im asking all these questions i just dont wanna mess this up.

Alright man I think im gonna go to the junkyard and pull off a new bumpercover for my car. The one i got on it now isntright. Its off a gp without the b4u kit and my car has the b4u kit. What does the B4U kit mean anyways? Also im just gonna ask this now, how hard is it to put a headunit in this car? I know i see alot of people doing it but i got no clue how to get the old stero out.

Also im just gonna ask this now, how hard is it to put a headunit in this car? I know i see alot of people doing it but i got no clue how to get the old stero out.

It's damn easy. I forget exactly, but it's just the peice that surrounds the stereo and heater controls that needs to come off.

Sorry i'm asking so many questions but im a noob when it comes to headunits. What would you recommend for a good headunit for under $150 adn 6x9 speakers for under $100?

EDIT: Ya now my battery is dead so i cant even get my car running car which sucks. Anyone got any ideas for vanity plates? The gp is gettin insured and titled and liscensed in about a week.