FINALLY, a rear STB for 1st gen Luminas

birdman

AWeb80 and I have finally completed the design of a rear STB for 1st Gen Luminas that actually works, and as the first owner of one (of course) i must say it is just as strong as the other STB's and will not get in the way of the hinges AT ALL. made of 1/4 inch steel with rounded corners there is no chance of these brackets breaking at all. I believe that AWeb80 is now selling them so contact him for all purchase info. Installation was super easy, all you need to do is put the brackets in first, and attack the bar, you cannot leave them attached to the bar as they will not fit in that way. here are some pics, ENJOY.

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

Looks nice but is it really necessary?Does the rear strut areas flex that bad it requires a brace?Is there any noticeable improvement in cornering and flexing?

I see these items for corvettes,camaros and etc with flimsy body structure.The Lumina seems pretty tight to me.Just want to learn and know alot more about these cars!

:)

well just about all strut towers flex to a certain degree so its helpful, now weather or not you need it depends on your driving, quite often i like to cut through a corner quite quick so for me it works out good. and as far as suspension mods go, this is one of the cheapest ones and has good results. its all up to the indivuadual as to weather or not they want one or need one so all i can give you is my personal opnion. 8) and thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

looks to be very nice craftsmanship, now i supose this is in the same boat as that addaco swaybar, will this make the rear more prone to come out from under the car in cornering?

looks to be very nice craftsmanship, now i supose this is in the same boat as that addaco swaybar, will this make the rear more prone to come out from under the car in cornering?

I've had no problems w/ my GP coming out from underneath me....

It sure helps to keep the rear planted and cuts down on body roll. It also stopped some creaking that I had near the rear window.