Brake Upgrade Woes

ZeroDCX

People, when you do the 96' Front Rotor Upgrade and the 94+ Rear Brake Upgrade, please make sure you get the Spare Tire to go with it. Otherwise you could end up in an unfortunate situation like this, at 3am in the morning and 40 miles away from home w/ no Fix-a-flat (like that'd help ... lol) ... not to mention, with a spare that you can't use.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Needless to say now, I have the bigger spare tire sitting comfortably in my trunk; For just such an occasion.

Something apparently punctured my tire, while driving on I-95 at 85mph. One thing led to another and then when I stopped to check it out, That's what I found. The funny thing is that I heard the hissing sound when it happened and thought to myself, "Hahaha ... Some ass got a flat!" ... A couple hours later and a lot of walking/carrying crap, I got her up and running. ... I'm not calling a damn tow truck.

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

P.S. - I know that there's tape on my left brake light.

ouch! Glad someone pointed that out to me.... I'm gonna have to check my spare tires!

ummm Now that this is long passed..... I think the spare may still have fit the rear!

FWIW: my '94 has a mini spare with the 16" rim and it has the small front rotors....I think the spare was changed so it would clear the rear brakes as they are quite a bit larger than the original '88-'93 brakes.

FWIW: my '94 has a mini spare with the 16" rim and it has the small front rotors....I think the spare was changed so it would clear the rear brakes as they are quite a bit larger than the original '88-'93 brakes.

any other confirmations? what was the diameter of the older one?

well that is what I was thinking... at least the tire was the same.... that they all have the same spare......... ARE you sure that the spare is not from a olds 88/98/lesabre/bonneville? I've used those in a pinch... they don't always clear the caliper though. Anyone got pics of the incompatable?

Or a better description? All W body ones have NO holes in them(thus far in my experience) The 88/98... do have holes, with same bolt pattern.

Guest TurboSedan

i threw my original spare away since it was useless after i put the '94+ rear brakes on, but i thought it was 15". my STE didn't come with a donut spare so i'm not sure.

You should have just turned the spare around and been like all those morons who do that to stock rims. :lol: :lol:

I saw someone driving on a donut spare in such a manner...LOL