And my new system begins!!!

19Cutlass94

Well Im trying to get rid of my old system to make room for all my new stuff. I currently have a eD Nine.1 amp, one of their dual 12" vented boxes, which is a freakin awesome box! (say all you want but I didnt have the time or tools at me casa to do the job) and Im awaiting 2 of their 13Ov.2 subs. ALl of that wired down to 1ohm and Ill be pushing roughly 1200w+RMS. For the cabin speakers, I still have the Infinity's (I love how they sound and wont buy another speaker) and they will soon be powered by a eD Nine.4 which will give them roughly 65w+RMS as soon as that comes in, as it is now currently on back order. Now for the doors, there were originally no speakers there, but there will be soon. A pair of eD's Eu-700's, 6.5" midbass/sub will soon be there. I dont think I can use their Nine.2 amp as it is prolly a little too much for them, Ill probably have to wait for yet another Nine.4 amp. But they will be getting roughly 150w+ RMS. And of course I still need the distribution block and a few other things. But basically its an eD system. Ever since I heard their subs and their amp, I wont buy anything else.

But thats one reason why Im not on the forum here much anymore. If my computer isnt slow (which also keeps me from getting on) Im prolly outside working on it, trying to get everything just the way it needs to be.

You learn fast my young padawan......lol

But ........Ah......I would skip the EU's all together. If you put them in your doors they arent going to sound very good. And with the 13's in there you wont hear them anyways.....TRUST ME!

I would put that money towards a set of the eD components. And put them into your doors somewhat like I did with some sound deadener. And I would run one set of the infinity's off of deck power and one set and the components off of the Nine.4.

Ohhhhh........ear sex!!!

Components are worth every penny..

What deck do you have again?

yeah Im still deciding whether to put the Eu-700's in the doors, or the 6500's. At first I was leaning towards the Eu's but like you said....

Well right now I have all four Infinity's amped, so Im thinking a Nine.4 to run all of them? Then maybe a Nine.2 with the 6500's? Since the 6500's are SVC 4ohm, thatll be roughly 100w+ RMS, which should be a good sweet spot for them.

I have the Pioneer DEH-7700MP....

I can tell you from personall expierience that If you get the Components.....you wont need to amp your Infinitys. Use the internal crossovers in you deck to turn the fronts into Image inhancement tweeters(HPF 200hz or above).

The components will make such a difference that you wont even notice your rear speakers anyways.

If I were you this is what I would do.......Buy the package that has the Nine.2 and the 6500 components. I have cdt components which are a distant cousin to the eD ones and I love em.

All I know is I wouldn't wanna run three amps......even on my beefed up charging system.

yeah three amps is a lot of money sittin there. Im hoping to get away with just a better battery and a "Big 3" But it sounds like a simple thing. But, I only have 2 pre-outs on the amp. One for the sub and then the other. I assume I can use the other one for the amp for the components. Now heres my current question, although Ill have to look at it, how do I go about un-amping the Infinity's? Cuz if I can do that this weekend, thatll be one thing out of the way ya know.

yeah three amps is a lot of money sittin there. Im hoping to get away with just a better battery and a "Big 3" But it sounds like a simple thing. But, I only have 2 pre-outs on the amp. One for the sub and then the other. I assume I can use the other one for the amp for the components. Now heres my current question, although Ill have to look at it, how do I go about un-amping the Infinity's? Cuz if I can do that this weekend, thatll be one thing out of the way ya know.

well....you are gonna have to pull the deck out(god help you!). And see if the factory wireing is still in there somewhere. If not you are going to have to rewire the speakers.

One the most common ways shops rewire factory speakers when a amplifier is added to power them is by running the outputs from the amplifier back up to the front of the dash and just splicing them into the wires in the main harness which lead to the speakers. that way they dont have to pull everything apart. But Its really hard to say. You may want to consult with whoever installed it to be certain.

Have a look at the deck harness and use it to fish for the speaker leads in your dash.

But I know that getting the head unit back into the dash is a big pain in the ass.

See when I added my components I had no wires for them at all So I had to run fresh 12 Guage from my amp to the front and then through the doors.

I just went out and looked, (I just left the deck out and everything apart :lol: ) and what he did was he just spliced the wires like you said, so all I gotta do is just take em apart and just get some butt connectors and put everything back together and pull everything out then Ill have un-amped speakers.

yeah Im thinking of either puttin the amp in the trunk, with the other one (mounted right in front of the box) or to just put it under the drivers seat. but seeing as how I started hiding wires under the carpet in the trunk, itll prolly go unde rthe drivers seat, But how was running through the doors for you?

Good to hear.

The doors can be tricky. It seems more dificult than it is though. Cause you should have the door pannels off and easy access to pull them through the rubber door cover. the back side of the dash will take some cursin and fishin of the wires...lol

Do your rear seats fold down? Caus ethat will sort of determine where you can put the amps. See in my signature I have them mounted on a carpeted am rack screwd to the back seat framing because my back seat doesnt fold down.

I dont know If I would want to put the amp under teh front seat as the lack of air flow may cause some reliability issues down the road.

If you want to go ALL OUT.......you could do a false floor in the spare tire well and plexiglass a cover for them......Just think NO VISABLE WIRES!! :)

Like this?!?!?!?

1441_78.jpg

1441_77.jpg

Thats fucking sweet!!!! But I dont have the room for that. I have about 1.5" on each side of the amp from the box to the light bar.... not much... and my seats dont fold down

I mean I would like to have both amps in the trunk, but I just dont know how I wanna set them up