12" front rotor upgrade?

Intlcutlass

Yeah, speaking of that ... I just got the parts from a 95' Monte Carlo to upgrade my front brakes to the 11.25 rotor, when I measured the rotor it was exactly 11.25inches. Where's this guy getting 12' Rotors from? Would be nice if we could get that onto our cars.

That swap is for 2nd gen W-body's with 12" rotors. I haven't actually measured the rotors, but they are listed as being 12". Not all of the 2nd gens came with these, but they can be easily swapped. Somewhere, I read that replacement rotors for the W-body & F-body use the same part # and come with both sets of lug holes.

I highly doubt they would be very easy to retrofit in a 1st gen.

intrigue, oh yeah. the best hope we have is for someone to fabricate an adapter bracket for f-body brakes. this has been discussed here before. hope it happens, i just dont have the ability. im sure we could get someone to make it.

I think fabricating a simple bracket won't work, because the rotor would hit the knuckle. At least, I think someone said that in a previous thread.

I could be wrong, but I think C5 Corvette brakes would be easier to retrofit.

doh! i meant c5. anyway, im talking about changing the bracket that the caliper bracket bolts to moreso. if i ever get around to it, ill look into it and make a cardboard template of the stock stuff to see what i would have to change.

Too bad there's not a Napa around here. I read on the C5 forum that they have OEM style front rotors for something like $15. That would be cheap enough to experiment with.

Really??? Theres a NAPA that is only a 5 minute drive from here. Want me to stop in and pick you up some Shawn?

Really??? Theres a NAPA that is only a 5 minute drive from here. Want me to stop in and pick you up some Shawn?

I think S&H would be too high, but I'm kinda curious if it's true that C5 13" rotors are only $15.

They are quite a bit more expensive than that at O'Reillys.