Who wants my w-body

sonyman87

If you really like the car I'd say either fix it, or store it away somewhere, and come back to it when you have more money/time or whatever. If you choose to sell it the way it is, it won't fetch much money, and in the end you'll probably regret selling it.

If you really like the car I'd say either fix it, or store it away somewhere, and come back to it when you have more money/time or whatever. If you choose to sell it the way it is, it won't fetch much money, and in the end you'll probably regret selling it.

:werd:

I've been doing this same thing with my RX-7 for a few years now....I start telling everyone I'm gonna sell it....then months later I think fuck I'll regret it if I sell it and then keep it over winter again lol..I think this spring it is being sold though lol

well money is an issue right now and i just droped 1k on computer shit i dont need. with $1500 left in the bank i dont know what im going to do yet. i would love to dorp a crate motor in. or maybe take the time to do the 3800supercharged. but for the money. i have to work out the issues with mysoft breaks.

its to early to tell right now but im just depressed right now. i will try and keep you posted what develops with this thing. fyi the car runs damn heathy for power but when it does it blows smoke like potheads in winter.

I'm no genius, but you have $1500, and crate motors are generally $1000, I think you can afford one. And it isn't like they are hard to put in, and hell, most are 94-95s anyway.

:read: << if you can provide me with that price at my door. let me know where. + i will probalby need a transmission. there is no way im putting a new motor straped to that peice of shit.

thats what i was thinking.....Id be helva lot cheaper, and im pretty sure a DOHC, being a 60* V6 will last alot longer with care, so you cant beat on it as much, burn outs and what not

there is no way im putting a new motor straped to that peice of shit.

Why not?

The tranny failing isn't going to hurt the engine at all, so if/when the tranny does fail your new motor will still be fine.

I'd pull your 3.4, or start pulling the heads to figure out what is wrong with it before you do anything.

just do the head gaskets. hands down the best idea. because when you do that, you have a fresh top end less valve seats. you can even redo the oil pump drive the proper way. i just see doing the gaskets as being much more worthwhile.

Wait wait, they dont build 3.4 Crate motors? Do they still have like the short blocks and stuff? Cause a guy in my auto shop just got a 3300 for his achive, it was a short block or what ever there called

Your car is awesome Sonyman! Don't end it's life! It's the best looking and performing DOHC there is with that high of mileage. And, it would all go to waste if you just let it die.

Your car is awesome Sonyman! Don't end it's life! It's the best looking and performing DOHC there is with that high of mileage. And, it would all go to waste if you just let it die.

:werd:

just find the problem 1st and go from there.

For the LOve of GOD! fix it! we love your car man!

I would pretty much have to do the same thing on any of mine if that happened. But I wouldn't hesitate, and you can always replace the tranny later if it quits anyhow.

I want to see 300,000 on that car, Soldier! On Your Feet!

As for 3.4 crate motors, I think GM cleared out their stock of them, as I saw a several donated to an automoptive program

i love my car to peices. im going to try a quick fix to get me through the next few months. using topleak liquid aluminum. hopefully that will hold me out until i can afford to do it the right way.

You have a really cool car, and it's the only 3.4 LS I've ever seen. However, from what I've seen, you've beat the piss out of it! (look at sig for example) Even with that mileage, I can't say I'm surprised you're having trouble with it.

Still, I really hope you can get it back on road. It's fast and makes for a great sleeper. Most people wouldn't expect a Lumina sedan to be that fast. :thumbsup:

Good luck with it! :)

same thing happened to my camaro. i got depressed about it for a little while but eventually got the money to get rid of that pos 305 and upgraded to a higher ci unit. hopefully that shit will last for a while and you can build the 3.4 when you get money. or you can go to an L67, but that would break my heart. :lol:

you'd be plain stupid to sell your car now...with all that you've put into it. your the only 1.5 gen Lumi I know that can spank the pants off of the rest of the guys.

oh, and remember the L67 isn't always the answer