Falken Ziex ZE 512 tires

Lee

These tires come in 225/60/16's also so I figure any input from replies will do other w-body people good...so I posted here :wink:

Just put new tires on the wife's Vibe. I went up a 1/2 size on aspect ratio to 205/60/16 and saved $12 per tire.

The tire that came with it were Continental Touring Contact 205/55/16 and they were never good in snow or icey conditions. They wore really fast also.

The new ones are Falken Ziex ZE 512. I got them for $70.29 per tire before all taxes and mounting. The whole shabang came to $338.

I was looking for some good reviews on tires like Goodrich Excentia GT-H's

and others but got nothing. I'd settled on some Cooper Clasic II's but was told that I needed to have the H rated tires or the car wouldn't handle correctly. I looked at Dunlop SP Sport A2's but didn't like the tread pattern. I wanted something with some snow bite but not winter only as they tend to be loud.

Long story finished....the Falkens looked good, had a good snow review and had a decent price for an H rated tire.

Anybody else heard anything good or bad about these tires?

THis is the best site for tire information that I have found. Although they may not cover your exact tire you might research them for info:

http://www.tirerack.com

I don't like the continental touring, them always seem to age without grace.(dryrot)

I've used Dunlop Sport A2, but they wear too quickly.

Now I only use Yokohoma touring tires, as they have consistantly held their quality. research here for more info.http://tirerack.com

-ken

My dad has them on his TGP (245/50/16) and has for close to 2 years now. They have excellent dry traction (the TGP can't break them loose from a stop without brake torqueing, and its a 14.5 sec. car), and great rain and snow traction as well. For the price they are hard to beat. I definately recommend them.

Shawn

i opted for mastercraft avenger lsr's instead, but because i got a better deal and i heard they were better in the snow. you can get them from discount tire for a good price and theyll even match the online pricing at discounttiredirect.com (the falkens, that is)

I'd also suggest looking at the BF Goodrich Traction T/A...my sister has them on her CS and my mom has them on the GP.

They get MUCH improved dry traction vs the old tires on the GP, and they are also excellent in snow, quiet, and have a 620 treadwear rating. The first time my mom drove her car in the snow with these tires she had a HUGE grin on her face because the TRAC light wasn't always coming on. They are a directional tread pattern, BTW.

i have them (Ziex 512's) on my monte. they are 225/55-17's i have run yokohama ES100's and BGF Gforce sport tires. these tires are alright in comparision to what i have run. they are much better in wet than the BFG's but they have more road noise then eitehr the yoko or BFG's if your looking for a true all season tire the Ziex are great. but if you know you wont see snow, buy the ES 100's... im going right back to them once i burn up these.

in a nut shell, im dissapointed with them :roll:

i dont have any experience with the yokos and i hear they are a good tire, but i have heard better things about the toyo's. i got the toyos instead of the yokos even though they were a litte more expensive and you cant get them through discounttiredirect. i have been completely ecstatic with how they perform in wet and dry situations. def dont use them in ice or snow though. i have 245/45's on xlaces and my other tires on the hipo 5spokes. however, i just looked and they dont make the same size you have on right now. what width are your wheels?