I love the 3.4! -as you can tell I've never had to work on 1

ZoomZoomFan

Well post the graph anyways. We will just inflate my3.4s graph proportionatly so that max power is at 210hp and max torque is at 215.

I'll post it when I get a chance to scan it. This shouldn't be competitive though as it's obvious the 3.4 has higher peak power. I'm just curious how they compare at low RPM (under 2500).

That's kinda wierd that it would lose 10 hp at different rpms. Usually an engine makes a build up of peak power and then the power drops off, weird that it doesn't build, it builds, dips, builds.

Yeah, exactly. There's little dips here and there that I can't explain. You'll see what I mean when I post it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chadz34

• Aaron

• LumiDriver

• fastbird232

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kinda wierd that it would lose 10 hp at different rpms. Usually an engine makes a build up of peak power and then the power drops off, weird that it doesn't build, it builds, dips, builds.

Well every motor will have dips, this is natural as the pistons are not firing all the time, they are splayed. In addition, one piston is going to make more power than another, and every time a piston fires it changes the rpm rate and enables the next piston to make slightly more/less power.

the 3.4 doesn't rock my boxers

That's cool but a 3100 does? :shock: :lol:

Nope, doesn't either, but honestly, i can't afford much else. I love the 3100, because of the damn good gas milage. the 3.4 is right there with it, but If you wanna make me happy, give me either a 440 powered Cuda, or a 454 Chevelle, or, actually, a 355 Rocket Olds 442. Those rock my boxers :D

Sorry bro.

The 3.4 is an overall nice engine, and it would woop my 3100 anyday, no denying that. But as soon as you work on any of those engines, you will love/hate them. lol. I hate my 3.1 and tim seems to get upset at his 3.4. So enjoy it while you can lol.

Alright, let's keep this thread on topic, guys. Be a shame if this bickering got it locked. I like reading about my engine.

So do I, I just wanna leanr more about it. More than the repetitive info you get on webpages. Here, we can discuss and teach each other stuff we know about the engines.

Those are sweet cars. Hey Aaron, how much horse would a 3.4/Auto put to the ground?

A 3.4 auto should put out around 165whp stock.

But as soon as you work on any of those engines, you will love/hate them. lol. I hate my 3.1 and tim seems to get upset at his 3.4. So enjoy it while you can lol.

You talk a lot about things you know little about.

How can you say people will hate the 3.4 because it is hard to work on? It isn't any harder than a 3100, just different. In fact, in the time you spend doing 3100 spark plugs, I could change the plugs, wires, coils, and ignition on a 3.4. Some things are easier, some are harder. You just have to learn the tricks. And it doesn't take long to figure out the 3.4's. And once the UIM is off, it is pretty much the same size as your 3100.

Those are sweet cars. Hey Aaron, how much horse would a 3.4/Auto put to the ground?

A 3.4 auto should put out around 165whp stock.

But as soon as you work on any of those engines, you will love/hate them. lol. I hate my 3.1 and tim seems to get upset at his 3.4. So enjoy it while you can lol.

You talk a lot about things you know little about.

How can you say people will hate the 3.4 because it is hard to work on? It isn't any harder than a 3100, just different. In fact, in the time you spend doing 3100 spark plugs, I could change the plugs, wires, coils, and ignition on a 3.4. Some things are easier, some are harder. You just have to learn the tricks. And it doesn't take long to figure out the 3.4's. And once the UIM is off, it is pretty much the same size as your 3100.

Will you just fuck off already. Just shut the hell up retard. I tried to be nice and stop bitching but you had to continue, shut the fuck up.

I had to get an alternator changed and my car has only 45819 km on it. They changed the alternator, and before I left the lot it stalled again, they put a faulty alternator in my car. I didn't have a car for the day. I still love it. Oh, let's not forget the heater pipe and the 3 batteries. Needless to say, it hasn't given me any problems in like 6 years. Six years ago my car had 39,000 km on it. :lol:

Will you just fuck off already. Just shut the hell up retard. I tried to be nice and stop bitching but you had to continue, shut the fuck up.

Why, because I speak what I know?

And how am I the retard? I used clear, legible, grammatically correct English (Unlike someone), and spoke the truth. The 3.4 is no more hard to work on than any other 60*, just different. The 3.4 makes more power than any other aforementioned 60* at any rpm. The powerplant of a car has very little impact on the car's ride quality assuming weight is similiar, and it is. These are facts. You were wrong, I was right. That makes me the retard?

You tried to be nice and stop bitching, yet you still talked about stuff you knew little about, and stated your INCORRECT opinion as fact. In my opinion this is the epitimy of bitching, and you did this int he very last post of your's. You did not try and stop. You basically came on here with the goal of putting down another engine with as much incorrect information as you could dream up. And when you got put in your place by someone who knows two shits about both motors, you sit back and call him the retard, tell him to shut up, and to tell him to stop bitching? Sounds like a hypocrite to me.

Guest Anonymous

Aaron, weren't you supposedly leaving, saying that you didn't need us or this forum anymore? What ever happened to that? Some people like this engine, some don't.

Aw fuck, so much for this thread. Take this shit elsewhere why don't you...is it THAT goddamn hard NOT to reply to someone that pisses you off? This thread is about the 3.4, not LumiDriver vs. Aaron!

Aaron, weren't you supposedly leaving, saying that you didn't need us or this forum anymore? What ever happened to that? Some people like this engine, some don't.

I can post whenever the fuck I want to.

I'm interested to see the 3.1l dyno though. If anyone has one from their stock 3.1/3100/3400, post it up!

Just wanted to be part of this incase it gets locked ;)

Anyway, I've always wanted a ride in a 3.4L eqipped vehicle. There's been a couple Z34s for sale in town, all with high miles :(

Guest Anonymous
Anyway, I've always wanted a ride in a 3.4L eqipped vehicle. There's been a couple Z34s for sale in town, all with high miles :(

Its not that exciting, but thats me, others would disagree.