... Rear buckets

supreme_style21

I got some crazy itch today to go out to the junkyard and buy some bucket seats out of a GP. I picked up 2, each from different cars.. dirty as all hell. I spent the entire day cleaning them and now they look pretty nice. And they were only $40. (I think thats cheap?). Anyway, now that I bought them, um, how easy are they to put in the rear of a '94 Prix? Heh.. shoulda checked this out before I bought 'em. Oh well, if I don't put them in the car, I have some new furniture in my bedroom.

It's pretty easy.

Just 2 bolts hold the lower bench cushion on (1 bolt for each bucket).

I think 2 nuts hold the rear cushion on each side and the whole thing lifts up.

You'll probably need the rear panel too, however.

Guest TurboSedan

are you trying to mount rear quad bucket seats in a sedan or coupe?

i just bought some 'new' seats for my car yesterday also. i spent $125 on a full set of gray leather seats from a '90 International sedan. they are in nice condition, but pretty dirty and i am going to dye them dark blue. i originally swapped the original plain seats out for quad buckets from a '90 International coupe, but i just don't like how the rear buckets fit inside the sedan :? besides you have to drop the gas tank just to mount the rear center console. and then last week i put a nice cigar burn in my front seat, so that was the last straw and justified buying the leather seats. i like how the front bucket seats from the coupe fold forward tho...i'll miss that... but then again the rear sedan seats fold down and have a HUGE access area to the trunk compared to the coupe access hole.

joshua

These seats are going in a 4-door. And they aren't the bucket seats out of a coupe. They're the passenger half of the 60/40 split front bench. I figured these would match the car much better, considering I don't have sporty buckets up front. I got the rear bench out, no problem. BUT, now I set the new ones in the back, and they look horrible. I'm going to have to tear off the slides and all the mounting stuff from underneath the seat, so I'm left with just the cushion. This will (hopefully) allow the seat to sit at a normal height. (and give me more than zero inches of legroom) :? This is going to be more of a bitch of a project than I was planning on... not that I really planned anything out anyway :roll: If it doesn't work, I've got a couple of seats for sale :)

Whoa dude, that probably won't work at all. The factory rear bucket setup would bolt in pretty much I think, but there is so much floor difference between the front and back that I don't think you'll get anything to line up, without HEAVY modification. Hell, I tried to put a set of rear buckets in my 77 Ventura, and even that was too much difference, the floors were radically different. I didn't expect a bolt-in, but I needed spacers like crazy.

are you trying to mount rear quad bucket seats in a sedan or coupe?

i just bought some 'new' seats for my car yesterday also. i spent $125 on a full set of gray leather seats from a '90 International sedan. they are in nice condition, but pretty dirty and i am going to dye them dark blue. i originally swapped the original plain seats out for quad buckets from a '90 International coupe, but i just don't like how the rear buckets fit inside the sedan :? besides you have to drop the gas tank just to mount the rear center console. and then last week i put a nice cigar burn in my front seat, so that was the last straw and justified buying the leather seats. i like how the front bucket seats from the coupe fold forward tho...i'll miss that... but then again the rear sedan seats fold down and have a HUGE access area to the trunk compared to the coupe access hole.

joshua

I just did the same (kinda). I too miss the folding front seats (mine were from the 88 Pace Car Convertible).

Jason

Yeah I took off the tracks tonite and put the seats in my car. They fit.. but not perfect. It wouldn't take too much to get them bolted in, but damn, it just looks weird. Anybody want a couple seats?

Anybody want a couple seats?

Maybe...

- What year Grand Prix?

- What color apolstry?

- Intacted?

- Location?

PM me if you could!!!

- RedFox340