Quick caliper help needed

supreme_style21

There has been some 'crunchy' noise coming from the rear end of my 95 GP in the past week when braking and its gotten progressively worse. I'm changing out the rear pads and rotors... both of which look fine. However, when I turn the rear caliper piston back in, it just spins... doesn't actually go back in. There is resistance to it when I spin.. it doesn't spin freely. I take it that its new caliper time? I gotta work in the AM and I really don't wanna throw new pads and rotors back on a shitty caliper.

you need to push and turn at the same time, this is where the caliper tool comes in handy

Yeah thats what I've been doing. They're prolly shot. Yay for pimpin the household slut dodge caravan tomorrow.

The 94+'s do thread in. All you really need to do the job is a C-clamp and a pair of needle-nose pliers. You have to use the clamp to seat the piston in position so it will thread when you spin it.

I had to clamp down fairly tightly on one of my rear caliper pistons before I was able to get it to thread. The other one was already "caught" and threaded almost instantly, go figure. Perseverance is key here :D ...