Will this STB fit my car?

Grand Moff Joseph

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-Cutlass-Monte-Carlo-Lumina-Z34-Regal-Strut-Brace_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQitemZ8009648358QQrdZ1

The auction says that this STB is a GM part, and will fit all model year Luminas. Will this bar really fit a 3.1 Lumina??

You guys are the experts, so I turn to you for advice. :)

Yes, but as said above you either need the ZZP brackets, or you need to drill holes in your strut tower cap plates. That's the Buick "F-bar," the one everyone talks about getting from the dealership.

What he says in the auction is BS, it's not discontinued, and it wasn't exaclty made for first gens either. just happens to fit.

Yes, but as said above you either need the ZZP brackets, or you need to drill holes in your strut tower cap plates. That's the Buick "F-bar," the one everyone talks about getting from the dealership.

What he says in the auction is BS, it's not discontinued, and it wasn't exaclty made for first gens either. just happens to fit.

OK, this prompts two more questions:

1. Will this bar perform the same as an RSM bar or a custom bar from AWeb80?

2. Since this STB was technically not made for Luminas, would it be better to get a custom one (RSM/AWeb) than to go with the GM part that technically was not made for the car??

2. Since this STB was technically not made for Luminas, would it be better to get a custom one (RSM/AWeb) than to go with the GM part that technically was not made for the car??

The way I see it, a bar is a bar. People have bought pipes from home depot and welded them across the plates. It's the same effect. Sure, thickness matters a bit, but all of the bars we're talking about are close enough. Probably not enough of a difference to actually notice different effects on handling between them. There's nothing special about any of them that's going to make one 10x more better than another one. Pretty much the only deciding factor is ease of installation and appearance. And price, of course.

OK, this prompts two more questions:

that bar will fit the front

Pic here

but it won't fit the rear. Mine does.

Pics here

I have the RSM bars if you want to see what they look like in person, but the GM ones are much cheaper and do the same thing. But when you get the bars, get both, because it seems like just the front alone doesnt do very much.