Window Tint - FINISHED, check out the pics!

nebojsa_o

then do it in three pieces. I know what a Cutlass window looks like. I've owned more than one of the damn things. fuck. I didn't say you had to do it in one. Like I said before, it can be done in one by the EXPERIENCED. Anything else is up to you.

:werd: An experienced tinter can definitely do a Cutlass 4dr in 1-piece, no problem.

Not to mention I would be leery of anyone that discourages rear defroster use. The guy that did my tint used Solargard tint and he actually encouraged using the rear defroster to speed up drying time. Anyone who discourages using the defroster probably uses some really low-grade, low quality tint.

I have to agree.....a quality tinter should most definitely be able to do it in one piece and I wouldn't get it done any other way.

I would have recommend 5% all the way around too, my SHO was 5% all the way around and I loved the look and I didn't think there was much of a problem seeing out at night either. :shrug:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nebojsa_o

• cutty

• supreme_style21

• Prospeeder

Did anyone here get a Cutlass 4dr. done in one piece?? If so, how much did that cost you? I checked the site http://www.tintdude.com and there is a bunch of tinters saying either don't do it, or charge the person through the nose, it's a pain in the ass, and so forth. Maybe they could do it in one piece, but for double the money, I don't know... BTW he never discouraged the use of defrosters, he just said if he does it in 2 pieces, and the 2 pieces meet on one of the defrosters, there is a chance it might not work... Doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. I'm sure an experienced guy could do it, but there is 200,000 people in this town. Out of all of those people, how many drive 4 door cuttys? And out of all those that do drive them, how many of them are in the "younger" crowd that want to tint it? I've only seen 4 younger people driving these 4 doors, and I'm one of them. Now I bought mine, but I don't know if the others bought theirs, or just got them as a first car from their parents. What I'm getting at, not many do get tinted, I've only seen a couple titned Cuttys around here. So I don't know if that qualifies as experience even if the same person did them. Besides there isn't too much to choose from here, not that many tint shops around.

Do you have a Tint King? I got mine done in London, ON. My old car actually, but still a GP coupe. I'm pretty sure they did the rear in one piece. I'm gonna go back to them next year. But even just looking at your sig the rear window does look tricky.

As far as I know there is no Tint King around, but I'll check out a bunch of tint places today, and then I'll know what's going on. Yea the guys all said the same thing. Beretta and Cutlass and Camaro are the hardest. But a Camaro is a walk in the park compared to the Cutlass. Makes me feel special, to have the wierdest back window.... :roll:

BTW, I'm not telling any of you guys that responded, you're assholes, it's impossible, I'm just saying that I'm running out of options, and appearently there is no one experienced enough around here that does them in one piece.

nebojsa_o:

I was quoted $350 for all windows and mirrors. Malcolms Tinting in Edmonton says he can do the back window in 1 piece. Roadtrip time?

hope ya findsomeone out in saskabush

Edmonton, eh? $350 for all 5 windows? Holy fuck, I gotta pay almost that here for hopefully the back 3. As much as I'd love to, Edmonton isn't too far from here, but I don't get enough time off. I'll see what these guys can do tomorrow. If it looks brutal, I might not get it done until the spring, and then take a week off, and go to Edmonton. If it looks decent, I'll save myself the trip. Thanks for the pricing..

Its worth it if you can have it done in one piece... sure it may cost more... the methods for curving the tint in that nasty window is a little more time consuming, so I could see it costing a bit more than slapping three pieces of tint in there and being done with it.

Oh I was saying how $350 is a good deal. Better then I'm getting here, but I don't have the time to go to Edmonton and do that. Maybe sometime if my back window cracks or some shit, and I need to redo it.

Well, wish me luck tomorrow, I'm dropping the car off at 8:00 AM, and hopefully picking it up tinted in the afternoon sometime. I'll tell you tomorrow how it went down.

Thats what happens when you're oil rich. You can not charge PST and be in the black :) $400 from Ralph won't be so bad when going to buy a new xbox 360. Or maybe I should go tint my windows!

:mrgreen: