Got me a new toy.

SleeperRed90TGp

Well I guess if you want to play in the fast lane you got to get bigger toys, so I did.. :lol: :lol:

Front view. GT28R on the right, GT3076 on the left. Biggest MO FO I could find in the US of A.

IMG_0004.jpg

Rear view. Note the size of the turbine exducer. Had to grind the shit out of the down pipe.

IMG_0001.jpg

Lower IC pipe. 2 ½ ready for a FMIC.

IMG_0017.jpg

Upper IC also 2 ½.

IMG_0024.jpg

Turbo front view installed.

IMG_0021.jpg

Engine.

IMG_0022.jpg

Don’t know how it runs yet. Went to the post office and first time I cracked the throttle it blue the upper IC hose off. :oops: Didn’t have it on far enough. I’ll see tommorrow.

Look out 12 seconds. I hope. :)

Jud

whoa :shock: exactly what turbo is that?

looks very very nice Jud :thumbsup:

Thanks I tried to do a professional job.

Here's what I wrote to another interested party.

No it's nothing like a DP. A Dp is a toy compared to this one. My old one is a GT28R which is in the same HP range as the DP 320 HP. This is a GT3076. I'll edit the post. When I posted it the image link on each picture says GT3076 because thats the album I created. But you can't see that unless you look at the properties of the picture. Sorry about that. Cost, GT's are rather expensive. 1250.00 plus about 200.00 because I went to 2 1/2 pipes.

For the normal questions you can go to atpturbo.com. It's on the front page. If you want to know the trim sizes I will accomadat you.. It's the biggest one I could find in the US of A with a T28 back end. I did find one in Austraila(sp?) with all the specs the same except the turbin AR, they had a 1.06. Couldn't buy that in the US although the Garett site list it. Watch it will be out next month in the US and I'll be pissed. :evil:

They wanted 1600 for it plus 180 shipping. For that much money I just figured I would down grade to the 86 ATR. But that 70 compressor is one big SOB. Thats all for to night. going to bed.

Goog night

Jud

Holy shit! If I'm remembering correctly, I've seen other guys put down 400whp with that same turbocharger(on other motors of course). :shock: Looks good Jud. Looks like you upgraded the plenum(3500 8) ) as well from the last time you posted pictures of your engine. Have you done any chip tuning yet(curious as to how you're going to dial everything in correctly)?

Ok...so the GT3076 will bolt up to a t-25 exhaust flange and the stock TGP downpipe?

Please say yes...please say yes....please say yes!!! :lol:

***EDIT***

This has put a smirky grin on my face! :twisted:

The "GT3076R-WG" packs the 500HP capable, quick spooling

52 trim 76mm compressor found in the popular GT3037

with the high flowing 90 trim turbine wheel found

in the bigger GT3071R-WG, making it the highest flowing

turbo available in the internal wastegated configuration.

Ideal higher power upgrade for GT28RS/GT2871R/GT3071R-WG

setups looking for a lot more power.

Comes with T25 style inlet flange.

Holy shit! If I'm remembering correctly, I've seen other guys put down 400whp with that same turbocharger(on other motors of course). :shock: Looks good Jud. Looks like you upgraded the plenum(3500 8) ) as well from the last time you posted pictures of your engine. Have you done any chip tuning yet(curious as to how you're going to dial everything in correctly)?

Don't know yet Matt. I am using a RRFPR and still running the 30# injectors. As soon as I am comfortable that it runs good I"ll go to the 36# injectors. I may be forced into chip tunning, just don't know yet.

Put the plenum and the 70 mm TB on eariler this year. Didn't notice much difference. Hopefully with a little extra boost it will pay off. And yea 400 whp is attainable with this turbo. That will proly take awhile.

And thanks Matt. I tried to do it right. Changing to 2 ½ IC piping was a PIA. Took me 2 weeks off and on including about a week off for the hurricane. I hid the turbo in my attic during the hurricane because I was afraid of looters. I was going to take it but would have had to leave the dog. :lol: Wife wouldn't have that. :wink: Nothing else in the garage was more valuable.

Holy mother of christ :shock: that's gonna be one fast mother...

So is the GT28 for sale? :P

Well I hope it's fast. :)

Sorry Tony the GT28 at present is spoken for. Should that change I'll post

Ok...so the GT3076 will bolt up to a t-25 exhaust flange and the stock TGP downpipe?

Please say yes...please say yes....please say yes!!! :lol:

***EDIT***

This has put a smirky grin on my face! :twisted:

The "GT3076R-WG" packs the 500HP capable, quick spooling

52 trim 76mm compressor found in the popular GT3037

with the high flowing 90 trim turbine wheel found

in the bigger GT3071R-WG, making it the highest flowing

turbo available in the internal wastegated configuration.

Ideal higher power upgrade for GT28RS/GT2871R/GT3071R-WG

setups looking for a lot more power.

Comes with T25 style inlet flange.

Keep the smirk Kenny. Yes,Yes,Yes it will bolt up. You have to do a lot of grinding on the DP do to the huge turbine exducer but that’s about it. If you ground to clear it completely there wouldn’t be any DP. I had to ramp it back. There is also one with a 2†outlet that would be a breeze to install. I picked the 2 ½ cause the IC I want is 2 ½.

Latter guys, I am going for a ride. :)

Jud

Do you have a digital micrometer to measure the outside diameter of the turbine wheel? Just curious. :wink:

I agree that 2.5" is much better of an idea that 2". Some may say who cares it is only .5", but that is a lot of volume when you stretch it out for 10' of piping on a FMIC. Just changing the Talon from 2" to 2.25" was a noticable difference and lower charge air temps.

That Turbo is on my wishlist for Santa to bring me for the Aluminum Block VIN V that is going to see my engine stand this winter.

Have fun with the new toy and let us know how it feels!!

-Kenny 8)

Do you have a digital micrometer to measure the outside diameter of the turbine wheel? Just curious. :wink:

I agree that 2.5" is much better of an idea that 2". Some may say who cares it is only .5", but that is a lot of volume when you stretch it out for 10' of piping on a FMIC. Just changing the Talon from 2" to 2.25" was a noticable difference and lower charge air temps.

That Turbo is on my wishlist for Santa to bring me for the Aluminum Block VIN V that is going to see my engine stand this winter.

Have fun with the new toy and let us know how it feels!!

-Kenny 8)

Don’t have digital mic’s just dial calipers. Didn’t have to measure I whipped up a little formula to comput the trim. Here all the dia’s. :)

Turbin Inch Metric Trim AR

Exducer 2.22 56.5 90 .86

Inducer 2.34 58.5

Compressor

Exducer 2.99 76.3 52 70 Wow a 3†compresor wheel.

Inducer 2.16 54.8

I hope by the time xmas comes the price will come down. Heck they will proly have a bigger one by then or at least the 1.06 AR turbine will be available in the US. That turbin Wheel is bigger than this one. Inducer is 2.36â€Â

Just noticed you got your TGP back. Congrats. :)

An alum block would be fun. How big can you bore that? That should be worth a tenth or two. :)

Didn’t really have a chance to get on it today. This place is a mad house with people coming back in and trying to buy food. The stores are empty of the normal staples by noon. Garbage trucks wouldn't take lawn clippings just garbage in a can. Everybody had to clean out there refer and freezers so there was too much garbage. Never would have dreamed of the reprecusions from a hurricane. :(

Jud

Latter guys, I am going for a ride. :)

Jud

So what RPM does it spool at?

Just noticed you got your TGP back. Congrats. :)

An alum block would be fun. How big can you bore that? That should be worth a tenth or two. :)

Jud

Yupper she is home...but down on the bottom with no load it is PIG rich and failing the Colorado emissions pretty bad. Going to be looking into it this weekend. Most likely a dead injector.

I think the aluminum block just looks cool. As far as gaining time...who knows really. It is lighter but just to say, "yeah I have a bored bowtie aluminum block in there" is enough for me to get it! :wink: :lol: 8)

uote="kuntzie"]so whats your mods on your tgp anyways.

and whats those blue things on the left side of this pic.. and all those extra hoses as well

IMG_0017.jpg

Thats a Turboxs dual boost controller which didn't work fast enough for me.The hoses go to a canister purg selonid that I turned into a dual boost controler. It allows for much more volumn of air. Low boost is 5# and then adjust the turboxs to what ever you want for high boost.

Mods. I have been asked many many times. Started a list but it's no where near complete. :oops: Lets just say it's a bunch of bunches. If It's been mentioned here it's proly been done to my car.

Jud

Results are in. :D :D

Well I took it out to a deserted road about 2 miles from my house this AM.

Shit, WTF it almost broke my noes on the steering wheel at a 15mph punch. :cry: So I footbrake it and let it go, I notice I only have about 6-7# of boost and the BC was set to 9-10. It finally got up to speed but it was like I was dragging a cement truck. :evil:

Came home and started pondering what was wrong. Did I make a bad decision on the turbo did I spend all that money and all that work for it to be a slug. Wrote a letter to twalt (Thomas) who has been waiting in Kandahar AFG for 3 days trying to get out for his leave when it dawned on me that I put 2 rags in the down pipe to seal it while I was grinding the clearence for the exducer. Damn I am a dumb shit I only took out one. :oops: I started grinding before the hurricane and I guess one of them fell into the DP in the 4 1/2 days I was a refugee.

Anyhow I uncaped the cutout and lumberded back over to the road. Wouldn't you know there was a cop in my path sitting in the median so I decelerated going by him, made it. :)

Got to the road and belive me the aprehension was high. I was almost afraid to punch it. Like make or break. Punched it again at about 15 mph. Whoa you SOB your going to kill me. :o :shock: This thing pulled like a freight train. I was astounded at the top end power. My seat dyno couldn't keep up. Backed off and made a u turn at the end of the road. Foot braked it and off I went. Didn't have the snap at the hit but soon got the revs and what a f****** ride. I am tickled pink. This thing I think will do what I have planned for almost a year.

Now all I have to do is get the rag out. I think I'll try sticking something in the cut out and blow it back into it and hopefully I can get it out. We will see.

Jud

what intake manifold are you running...i thougth you did a 3400 topend swap?!?!? or is that one!? damn im so envious!! go get some 1/4 or dyno specs for us.....after you dial everything in of course!! are u just gonna run this turbo as close to fuel cut ass possible or are you gonna try to use some fuel-cut-trickery, to get it up there even more!! what psi were you running when you finally had the decent run!!??

oh yeah get some vids or sound clips....i wanna hear how ur car sounds all modded out with the bigger turbo!!

what intake manifold are you running...i thougth you did a 3400 topend swap?!?!? or is that one!? damn im so envious!! go get some 1/4 or dyno specs for us.....after you dial everything in of course!! are u just gonna run this turbo as close to fuel cut ass possible or are you gonna try to use some fuel-cut-trickery' date=' to get it up there even more!! what psi were you running when you finally had the decent run!!??

oh yeah get some vids or sound clips....i wanna hear how ur car sounds all modded out with the bigger turbo!![/quote']

Yea like was said its a 3500 manifold with 3400 heads and valve train.

The 3400 manifold TB neck is to small to port out to a decent size TB.

No fuel cut. :wink: Fuel cut was eliminated over 10 years ago. The only safty devices are the rev limiter on the MSD @ 6500 and retarding the spark another 4* over 10#. Thats the old setup, don't know where I'll be with the new turbo. When I tried it it was about 9#.

Jud

what kind of fuel cut eliminator are u using....just some trickery type of bleed valve or you tune it out somehow!?

so does the 3500 manifold bolt right up to the 3400 heads?

Guest TurboSedan

i'm gonna guess an adjustable zener diode off the MAP sensor :D my brother uses one on his Shelby to run 20psi. boy we sure had fun dialing that thing in. adjustable zener is only about $15.

from what I remember, it's actually a huge pain in the ass.. I'd have to find the thread on 60degreev6 again though.

what kind of fuel cut eliminator are u using....just some trickery type of bleed valve or you tune it out somehow!?

Fuel cut is nothing more than a $3 10k potentiometer from Radio Shack' date=' oh yea they stuck it to me $2 for the knob.

Keep in mind that if you defeat the fuel cut you are defeating your motor protection.

Yes it’s the same bolt pattern. Just need longer bolts. Tb won't fit.

i'm gonna guess an adjustable zener diode off the MAP sensor :D my brother uses one on his Shelby to run 20psi. boy we sure had fun dialing that thing in. adjustable zener is only about $15.

Pretty close Joshua :wink:

Never heard of an adjustable zener. Good Idea though. Tried a 4.3 zener once, it broke at the solder joint. That wasn’t fun. :cry: If your bro was using regular zeners I can see it would be a pia because you would have to change zeners to get the voltage up or down. No fun. There was really no dialing in with the pot. Must have just hit it right. I just go full left turn and it works great. :)

from what I remember' date=' it's actually a huge pain in the ass.. I'd have to find the thread on 60degreev6 again though.[/quote']

Did you find the thread I would like to read it. See what we did different.

Actually it wasn’t bad, but does take quite a bit of time. The throttle linkege is the only pain but after going through 3 TB’s I learned, Just grind the linkage off rotate it to where you want and weld it back on. Then add an arm for the kick down linkage. Made a simple bracket for the map cause didn’t like the looks of the stock one. Stuck out like a sore thumb. The adaptor for the TB was basically a layout job, then drill and route the big hole out. I already had the throttle linkage bracket from the 3400 swap. All I had to do to that was cut the bottom mounting hole off.

The silicone adapters aren’t cheap. 3 ½ to 3 (stock IC pipe)was 17 + shipping and the 3 ½ to 2 1/2 was 22 + shipping. I have as much in silicone as I do in the manifold. If you don’t change IC pipe sizes you don’t need but one for which ever TB you use.

If you go much bigger than a 60mm TB you will have to space the manifold up or put the TB hose on crocked cause the waste gate actuator will jam on the TB hose/pipe.

Heres some pictures of when I put the manifold and TB on.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v297/sleeperred90tgp/3500%20plenum/?sc=6

Pic 0007 lower right is the pot adjusting knob

Jud

so were the mani spacers necessary or a performance option? also what throttle body is that??

could you explain the adjustable potentiometer...how does it change fuel cut and how do you use it....does it effect how the car runs when true boost is below fuel cut...like if you run 18 psi actual but the computer only sees 14.7 (with what ever fuel cut eliminator) would the computer see a lower psi than was actually going in in all values of boost or does it do anything at WOT or something?

finaly what kind of dial in is actually going on?? you just set your boost where you want it and slowy change the fuel cut up to where it doesnt come on anymore?

Like I said on the othe forum... :o :shock: . Your trully trying to become untouchable huh? 8)

The Trimpod lowers the voltage the map sensor sends out. Kinda like a volume knob on you headphones. you can turn the volume all the way up on your CD player..but the headphones volume knob limit the sound level. BUT...you would have "some" problems. Spark timming and fueling can suffer on drivability. So if you jack the trim pod to make the ECM think 20psi is 14psi...then all the other map referances will change...IE...6psi is 0psi, 6vacume is 12vacume..ect. You can off set fuel with larger injectors or a fuel pressure rise. Timming with a external box. The other alternative is chip tunning to dial it in.

The Late Guss from the Dodge community had a bleeder valve at the map sensor...it would meter vacume like stock..but on boost it would make it bleed enogh not to hit 2bar on the map sensor. He also used a fuel rise device to off set for fueling. Search Mean Mini and Sleagemobile (spelling).