Maintenace Check: Braided Brake Lines

Redfox340

Just over the weekend, my parents 1989 Celebrity station wagon blew a front driver brake line while driving and almost had a serious accident (they are ok, all is well and lines are replaced)... but that brought me to direct attention about my maintenance status. I did take a look at my lines and they visually look fine, but I'm going to replace them this summer, along with a new master cylinder brake booster line.

My question: is there a company who sells a full set of braided brakes lines for four - disc W-Bodies? I did do some basic research on the forum, but couldn't find exact names of companies or exactly the parts I needed... anyone got any insights? Thanks!

- RedFox340

Guest TurboSedan

i'm getting all of my stuff from tirerack.com; including '95+ front rotors, complete set of EBC Greenstuff pads, and a complete set of braided hoses. mine are cracked and i need to replace them ASAP!! later,

joshua

Correct, Tirerack.com sells Goodridge SSBraided lines for 1st gen w-bodies.. if it is not seen under your car try other w-bodyies of simmilar year. remember that the rears are different from 1994+. the fronts should be the same for all years sence they all use the same caliper.

RedZ

Stock front brake hoses, at least on J-cars, are a hose within a hose. If the inner hose fails, a slight bubble will be visible in the outer hose layer. Check for bubbles or cracking of the outer layer when inspecting hoses.

Correct, Tirerack.com sells Goodridge SSBraided lines for 1st gen w-bodies.. if it is not seen under your car try other w-bodyies of simmilar year. remember that the rears are different from 1994+. the fronts should be the same for all years sence they all use the same caliper.

RedZ

how are they differant? My stock 91's fit on my 94+ rear calipers.