Back End Smashed in 1990 Grand Prix Turbo

ladytinny

If any one is looking to sell a body for a 1990 Grand Prix Turbo please let me know by email. I was in a car accident this weekend and some guy in a Jeep hit me from behind going about 55mph while I was slowing dow for a red light so my whole trunk and lights are finished. :oops:

so you wanna sell it? :i think its far to hard to fix.. id sugggest parting it

Right now I am trying to check out all of my options but I will deffinetly post a message if I decide to sell :oops:

Trunk lid and taillights should be a breeze to obtain around here. Shouldn't run more then $100 for everything. The only part that's going to be a complete pain in the ass to get AND install/weld on is the rear quarter panels.

Just found out the guy that hit my car has NO INSURANCE and was driving with a suspended license so now I am really screwed. I have to pay for everything out of my pocket. So PLEASE anyone who can offer any suggestions or knows where I can get a body from I am in desperate need. I want to keep my car. :bawl:

Sounds like a Lawsuit is the only way you'll get any money to add to what you have. If you go that route you will probably have to have a body shop, or your own ins. company evaluate the condition of the car. I would guess it is totalled, so the value of the car is what you should aim to sue for. Probably around $2-3000.

You might consider an attorney, as going through small claims court usually limits the amount you can sue for to $1000.

Even if you do win, you still have to get the guy to pay, and you can't get what probably doesn't exist (this guy's money).

Best of luck!

I think your better off finding another car.

Even if you do get the money out of the guy with a lawsuit, your going to spend twice that amount just getting the car repaired. There's a hell of alot more work to that aside of just replacing body panels, it's the structure underneith them that are damaged. That's going to involve a hell of a lot more work just to get it drivable again. Just looking at that picture, I can tell you that there is a LOT of hidden damage that you cannot see.

Sue the jerk who hit you, take the money from him, part out your TGP, and buy another car. That's my advice.

If no police report was made righ after the accedent..your OYO.

The Mother Fudge Sucker went to Jail...... No Insurance, Suspended License and No Registration and his Jeep was impounded :lol:

If no police report was made righ after the accedent..your OYO.

The Mother Fudge Sucker went to Jail...... No Insurance, Suspended License and No Registration and his Jeep was impounded :lol:

Be glad they even caught him. I was hit in a hit and run last year. Im guessing the guy was drunk, about 15 years old and had no insurance. Needless to say the police never found him.

I think I might have to go with Luke on this one. As much as I like hangind onto cars and what not, its going to be hard to come out of this one ahead financially any way you do it

I think your better off finding another car.

Even if you do get the money out of the guy with a lawsuit, your going to spend twice that amount just getting the car repaired. There's a hell of alot more work to that aside of just replacing body panels, it's the structure underneith them that are damaged. That's going to involve a hell of a lot more work just to get it drivable again. Just looking at that picture, I can tell you that there is a LOT of hidden damage that you cannot see.

Sue the jerk who hit you, take the money from him, part out your TGP, and buy another car. That's my advice.

W3rd. One more vote for finding another W and Turboizing it.

This is why I go for "the works" on my insurance coverage. All of my cars have comprehensive, and all with only a $100 deductible. If it was legal, I'd have ONLY comprehensive, and no liability. I'm FAR more concerned about someone hitting me then me hitting someone else. And so far it's paid off. The only two incidences I've had to report took place in a parking lot while I wasn't around, and the culprit took off.

Actually comprehensive doesn't cover your car if you're involved in an accident. Collision coverage covers that. Comprehensive covers damage to your auto not involved in a collision. Fire, theft, vandalism, hail, flood etc. If it were damged in a parking lot, it could be different. Door dings, dents etc. while its parked can be covered under comprehensive coverage or "other than collision" if you have a good agent. Don't you purchase uninsured motorist coverage in your state or is it even offered? It's an optional coverage here and while some chose not to purchase it, the price is usually very reasonable and it would cover for such things as hit and run as well. Sorry for your misfortune.

Hopefully you have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy.

Good Luck

If I were in your shoes, I would likely part the car out, but keep the engine, transaxle, and the "turbo" parts. You could find a cheap 91-93 GP w/ the same body kit as the TGP's(B4U) and swap most of your parts off your TGP over to it to make it a TGP replica. Just an idea.....

Go find another 88-93 w-body you like, clean body, even find 1 with a blown motor for a couple bucks, and swap the motor/tranny/turbo parts, sell off the rest of the car and sue the shit outta him

best of luck

Yes but why not wait until you get another TGP for like under a grand. then you got mad parts to make 1 good one.

If not try for bronze or gold in the 1988 year. 8)