Trenton

Amp over heating..... Not really sure how to install a fan. I talked to a few people about the 12v fans for computer u can buy almost anywhere to blow over my amp.. the top of my amp is like one huge heat sink. I just dont know how run the positive and negitive wiring, can I just wrap that around the my 4 gauge wiring comming from my cap?

I have 2005 alpine type x 5.25 componet front tweeter and mid, 2005 6 x 9 alpine type r rear.. 4 channel kenwood 1200 watt amp highs, 2 channel 2000 performace tek, 2f capsitor, 2 channel 4g distrbution block, alpine 9813 head unit 50 x 4

Use a relay. When connecting the relay (on mine there is 4 outlets) you connect the positive 12volt source wire (your 4ga) to it. Then another part of the relay you connect your REM wire to it....then another part is your ground, and finally your postive output to your 12volt fan.

Where in the hell do I get one of thoese.. I dont even know what that looks like.. its like a switch of some kinda to tranfer the power.. I mean what fan even has wires like that.. there amp fans u can buy.. this is confusing

The pc ones have like a ground and power source like everything else.. but thats all wrapped up into a little connect to connect to your power suppy.

Also, where is your amp located? Some spots are worse than others because the amp needs air space to cool and if you have it in a tight spot where its kind of "enclosed" thats prolly not too good of a spot for it.

Also, where is your amp located? Some spots are worse than others because the amp needs air space to cool and if you have it in a tight spot where its kind of "enclosed" thats prolly not too good of a spot for it.

Yeah it jammed on top of my speaker box and under the back speakers in the car, I have no other choice though, I would like to mount it in my car but its to big and wont fit anywhere else!