ATTN: Chief Wiggum

TGPilot

i thought the same thing, i was despreatly looking for vacuum leakes, and i thought that would be one, asked, nope, asked about the purge selioid, nope, and then i found out that the entire line from the TB to the chevk valuve for the HVAC and Crusie was missing, the TB was plugged with a Screw

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeff M

• Prospeeder

• Garrett Powered

• GP1138

Welcome!

Glad to see that car will be well taken care of.

This post may help with your vacuum problems.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25869&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=vacuum

I posted a hand made full vacuum diagram on the second page. There is also a link to a post I made when I bought my TSTE with it's OOOOOOODDDLLLESSSS of vacuum problems. Which are now set straight.

I sure sign of vacuum problems are:

-No cruise, no worky

-if you have the vent blowing out the dash vents, give it gas (floor it) and the air moves from the dash vents to the defrost vents.

The most common problem is that battery acid has eaten away the vac line to the reservoir in the front fender. Just one of the MANY vacuum problems my car had.

Good luck, and if you need help, you know where to go!

Guest ChiefWiggum

Thanks guys.

I haven't had any time to look anymore into it but I will be checking out that vacuum diagram. It sure looks like it makes sense. :shock:

I did notice that my dash speakers don't work. But I think I'll stick to getting it running right for now. The factory cd player works though, that's a plus. :)

Thanks guys.

I haven't had any time to look anymore into it but I will be checking out that vacuum diagram. It sure looks like it makes sense. :shock:

I did notice that my dash speakers don't work. But I think I'll stick to getting it running right for now. The factory cd player works though, that's a plus. :)

If your TSTE is like my STE, then you dont even have dash speakers. The upgraded speaker system did not have dash speakers, but they used the same dash pad that all GP's got. The only speakers you have are whats in the doors and the two 6x9's in the rear deck.

Guest ChiefWiggum

Well that would explain it. :?

Might have to add in a set there. I used to have mine amped in my old GP and those things could really handle some power. They'd get surprisingly loud.

I could help you with a speaker system that will leave you with a smile ear-to-ear.

You gotta get a component speaker package with 4" mids and tweeters. Even if you run them off deck power for now. The tweeters can be mounted on 1/4" mdf plates and mounted under the dash for the ultimate in stereo imaging. 4" mids can be mounted in the factory speaker enclosure (doors) where the oval speakers are. If you f-glass them in it is totally insane quality sound. W-body cars can have the dope-ass systems and nobody has to know.(nobody being the neighborhood tweekers).( FYI, a deck could be easily mounted in the glove box and you could close it and lock it still.

I can give you more details and help if you want to do it. You think the factory dash speakers get surprisingly loud? Imagine how good it would sound with electronic x-overs (crisp).instead of full range. The highs come in so good and clear, that I am considering replacing the crappy 6x9s with some 8" Bostons that I got.

I am trying to edit my post and someone that does NOT know what they are talking about has to throw in their worthless 2 cents. :roll:

Yea no kidding :evil: :lol: , in both my TGPs with a good set of quality speakers, the front sound stage from just the dash smokes the music coming from my feet/my TSTE with Morel Speakers :roll: The location of the windshield aims the frequencies and disperses them for an excellent quality and realistically deep stereo sound stage to the front audience 8) . If you want to get picky, speakers in doors are time aligned different as compared to the dash so, I use a digital time correction/x-over/gain for each speaker setup in my Typhoon that has dash and door speakers. We could really start a war about what speaker is the best, but everyone’s hearing is different, and our taste in sound as well as our pocket book so no way :twisted: !! I got 6.5s and tweets to fit into the doors of my TGP, 5 ¼ with tweets up in the dash (mod the grills, real fun there!!), 10 inch subs in the sides by the rear seats (sealed behind), and good old 6x9 in the rear deck that do not pull the sound stage away from the front where it belongs 8) . So its also personal taste where you put the speakers, take a poll if such info is needed by wiggy :lol:

Jeff M

Guest ChiefWiggum

Yeah, door speakers are nice, but you get really good imaging from the way these dash speakers are positioned bouncing off that giant windshield. I remember times where I thought the singer was right in my ear.

Anyway, looks like I won't be doing much right now. I'm catching some flack from my old lady. She didn't want me to buy another car and has been making it real known over the last couple days. :x Have to get her calmed down about it first before spending any dough on it.

I am trying to edit my post and someone that does NOT know what they are talking about has to throw in their worthless 2 cents. :roll:

Hey, y'know what? :flip: Next time, keep your smart ass comments to yourself, and ignore my post. I've read quite a few times here about how the dash speakers suck if you already have door speakers, and I was just repeating it.

Dash speakers rock! chiefWiggum, just pop off the grill covering the dash speakers and see if u have them, u definatly should, the TSTE's had an 8 speaker stereo system, 2 dash, 2 front doors, 2 rear doors, 2 rear speakers. Darn TSTEs got so many speakers, the Coupes got 6 speakers

Dash speakers rock! chiefWiggum, just pop off the grill covering the dash speakers and see if u have them, u definatly should, the TSTE's had an 8 speaker stereo system, 2 dash, 2 front doors, 2 rear doors, 2 rear speakers. Darn TSTEs got so many speakers, the Coupes got 6 speakers

TSTE's and STE's have 8 speakers, and none in the dash. 2 in EACH front door, one in each rear door and two in the back deck. 4 tweeters, one in each door, 6.5" in the front door and 6x9's in the rear deck.

oh, thats kinda stupid, whyd thay do that, couldve at least made a new dash pad

That would have made the $30,000 price even higher!

It's clear to see that they did it for cost savings. I wouldn't want any more unique parts on my car, it has enough as is. Those non speaker dashes would be hard to find, I'm glad they did it, even if it is a little stupid from a consumer standpoint.

Hey, y'know what? :flip: Next time, keep your smart ass comments to yourself, and ignore my post. I've read quite a few times here about how the dash speakers suck if you already have door speakers, and I was just repeating it.

Repeat this MOFO! :flip:

wanna race :devil: DB Drag? :nana: 100 bucks on either one.

I dunno, I couldn't stand the imaging that the dash speakers provided, and it was even worse when I added my components in the doors. Even my fiancee hated them in her TGP.

Garrett, chill out. Everyone has an opinion to things, but saying they 'don't know what their talking' about and calling their input 'worthless' isn't constructive and was completely uncalled for. Everyone has different likes and dislikes when it comes to their sound systems.

I dunno, I couldn't stand the imaging that the dash speakers provided, and it was even worse when I added my components in the doors. Even my fiancee hated them in her TGP.

:shock: Well then different ears as you state below :lol: wonder if they are out of phase, that hurts my ears when that happens. I forgot to say, the OEM CD sounded ok (when it was new in 1990) but when I went with an Alpine 7939 and an ADS amp, I found just how nasty the stock source and amp was big time :shock: and I think most anything would make a huge difference with a better source and amp. And I still had the same OEM speakers then, though they were paper that were light tight and open airy, upgraded to ADS320is and I could listed for hours and never get enough of the sweet sound, then tried ohhhh :roll: MB Quarts (in my truck), oops, great for sound offs but so damn bright and busy your ears would say enough (even at low levels) after 10 minutes :evil: hate the Quarts now!

The dash pad in the TSTE is ready to be populated last I looked, just some wires and some getting the speakers mounted 8) and there are already holes there for all this, just looked and the grills are open (not blank-off plates) and whats that??, forgot I put some 2 ways in there :lol: yea I got that done already :oops:

Garrett, chill out. Everyone has an opinion to things, but saying they 'don't know what their talking' about and calling their input 'worthless' isn't constructive and was completely uncalled for. Everyone has different likes and dislikes when it comes to their sound systems.

Very well put :worship: trolling will get you bit :P

Jeff M

Yeah, door speakers are nice, but you get really good imaging from the way these dash speakers are positioned bouncing off that giant windshield. I remember times where I thought the singer was right in my ear.

Anyway, looks like I won't be doing much right now. I'm catching some flack from my old lady. She didn't want me to buy another car and has been making it real known over the last couple days. :x Have to get her calmed down about it first before spending any dough on it.

Us married guys know all too well what you are saying, got to keep the flames low at home too :lol: No problem on that impact either (inside joke 8) ). Use me as the scapegoat (others WILL agree though) that your new car was not only a super good find, but a super good price, I would pay that in a heart beat if I had the spare cash, seriously!!!! I paid $3,000 for my TSTE with 89k miles, flew from MN to CA, drove it back, needed engine work, ABS work ($100 accumulator, I just love that simple fix 8) ), some suspension fixes, pealing paint (yours looks like the only one that does not show signs of this common condition with the TSTE, STE and others/not the TGP thankfully!!), and some other work and yours smokes my car which was a good deal too, but yours was a great deal, even if you stole it from Kenny :lol: :cry:. So, we are the informed majority that know you invested wisely for your family, period :!: :!: :!:

Jeff M