Has anyone...?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Has anyone here tried to get an AC Delco air filter for their stock airbox? I tried getting one from the Pontiac dealer here in town and they said it was discontinued. Well, I ordered a new air filter for my new GP the other day and guess what? They got me the wrong one. :roll: Big surprise!

The filter fits Buick, Chevy, and Olds 2.0, and Buick, Chevy, Olds, and Pontiac 3.0. Guess what else it fits? It is a direct replacement for the TGP.

I was going to return it but it looked so much like the TGP filter I tried it. It fits perfect. If you already knew this filter worked then good, but if you didn't the part number is A875C.

• 2 weeks later...

My records show the Fram CA3909 (actaully CA3903 like it was corrected below, thank you) to be another one you can use. Not sure if these are still available since I have not used a stock one since 1991, they get plugged up in as little as 5K miles, the air filter is about 1/3 the size of the one used on the NA GP 3.1L, but there is a lot more room for an air filter on those non-turbo engines.

Jeff M