Need speaker advice...

ry92grandprixse

Anyone have any of these in their front doors? And should I replace the rear stock speakers since its only front one I'm having issues with (drivers door speaker doesn't work anymore just crackles, passenger side is so so)?!

I'm considering the Boston Acoustics ones (I think... :lol: )

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2ozKckV6epY/cgi-bin/prodgroup.asp?g=400&l=C

Also what are 'Componet Speakers'? Do have them already? Do I need them? :? Also I loved the sound systems that were in my Z24 and my Impala both were stock "Premium Sound" could I just buy a system from one of those in a junkyard and have someone install it into the 1994?!

Anyone have any of these in their front doors? And should I replace the rear stock speakers since its only front one I'm having issues with (drivers door speaker doesn't work anymore just crackles, passenger side is so so)?!

I'm considering the Boston Acoustics ones (I think... :lol: )

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2ozKckV6epY/cgi-bin/prodgroup.asp?g=400&l=C

Also what are 'Componet Speakers'? Do have them already? Do I need them? :? Also I loved the sound systems that were in my Z24 and my Impala both were stock "Premium Sound" could I just buy a system from one of those in a junkyard and have someone install it into the 1994?!

Boston Acoustics makes some excellent quality stuff!

Component speakers are a set of speakers that have independant mid and tweeter which are mounted independentlly and a crossover which divides the power and frequencies to each of them. They tend to like more power than coaxials but the sound quality is a huge improvement over regular coaxial speakers. The only problem with components speakers is you more than likely will need an amplifier to power them, Head unit power usually isnt enough. I myself use 5 1/4" components and I'll never go back to coaxials again.

I'm keeping the headunit stock, BTW. Might throw in a stock cd player if I do anything at all to the headunit. Amp, tweeter, crossover, wha?!?! :? :confused: :dunce: I just wanna :peace:

Boston Acoustic are nice as hell, as u can see there costly too, :shock: u see the price for that damn component system!?!?!? I think its a pretty solid investment..... go for it :thumbsup:

Well if you just want to upgrade it from the stock setup I would look at the Boston Coaxial speakers them. If you ever want to expand the audio system, This can be achieved even if you have the factory radio in there.

why not just get a component set from another w? then low power from the head unit is not so much of a problem. for now i'm running a 5.25 component set from a 96 gp and the original 10 ohm rear 6x9s off of a 97 cutlass head unit and amp. also, since the mids (5.25s) are coax, i bought a set of crossovers to eliminate and high range going to the them.

since the cutlass system is 4 ohm, the rears sound a bit worse than they should. however the front sounds fantastic for a factory setup, and i got it on the cheap.