Plugs and Wires for 3.4

rmac24vdohc

Any recommendations on wires and plugs for the 3.4 DOHC? I was planning on going with NGK v-groves and Magnecor 8.5mm wires. Cost is no object so I want to make sure I am putting the best product in. Also thinking of replacing the O2 sensor since I will have the engine rotated. NGK claims to make a good one of those also but they are $50 on carparts. As for the engine, I have noticed the thing is running much better since I started using Mobil 1 full synthetic and K&N oil filter. Of course, thats what I used on my old cutty and I was at 224K and running strong. Still looking for a boot cover for top with no luck from many junkyards all over the country. Oh well.

Mac

1994 Olds Cutlass Conv 3.4

2001 GP GTP

magnecor 8.5's, Delco Rapid-fires, Delco o2 sensor, Mobil 1 full synthetic, and delco filter or better. (Although I think the "other" filters may be too "free-flowing", So, my opinion: stick with delco.)

-MaD-

There's really going to be virtually no difference whether you spend a ton of money on fancy plug wires and plugs, or if you stick to the OEM stuff.

Delco plug wires last a LONG time. Well over 100k.

If you want a long lasting plug, get the Delco Platinums. I pulled a set out of my truck at 106k (original plugs, previous owner told me he never changed them) and they were PERFECT with perfect gaps. I only changed them because I already bought a new set and they supposedly only last 100k and I'd already gone 6 over!

Boot covers are still available, but cost $500. OUCH!