Easy/cheap way to stiffen rear suspension for track use???

dbtk2

On my dads GTP, to stiffen the rear suspension at the track we just put some springs blocks in the springs and it stiffens it up quite well to help launching. I would like to try to do something like this just for track use in the Lumina to help with launching, but I don't know if there is a way as easy as the spring blocks with the monoleaf. I know I could install coil overs or a stiffer spring or somethign like that, but I'm just looking for some way to stiffen it for track use. (I'd like to maintain my factory monoleaf/struts for street use)

Any ideas?

Shawn

Moog makes some blocks that sit about halfway between the outboard ends of the leaf and the center support, you can adjust them so it's almost solid. That should stiffen it up enough, not sure how easy it is to remove after you're done screwing around though.

Moog makes some blocks that sit about halfway between the outboard ends of the leaf and the center support, you can adjust them so it's almost solid. That should stiffen it up enough, not sure how easy it is to remove after you're done screwing around though.

Moog part # K6000. your rear will rarely move again!

You could buy those GMPP tubular rear trailing arms. They should help reduce body flex when launching. About $100 for both.

Its actually like $39 for the pair. I'm already getting those, but I don't think they make much difference, maybe though...we'll see. I know they didn't make a noticable difference on my dads GTP.

Sounds like that would work pretty good...I think I'll invest in a set.

Thanks,

Shawn