What is it about the 3.4 DOHC

94CutlassSLCoupe

Guest TurboSedan
As far as getting off my ass. Thats what I am doing, while in the process of building this turbo set up, i have done research into tuning my computer. Specifically the 94 computer. I have also been doing research to sell a turbo kit to those who would want one, for the fact of other people not having the custom fab skills. I am still learning, so it wont be for awhile until I would put one up for sale.

that's cool, i give you props for your work. it would be nice if other LQ1 owners would take the same initiative, step up to the plate and go for it! the LQ1 has obvious potential no doubt about it, but i see too many LQ1 owners on here that actually believe it's the greatest/fastest thing in the world when all they have is CAI, chip and UDP and maybe a 5-speed....barely enough to keep up with a stock 4.6L '96-'98 Mustang GT :roll: it takes more than minor mods to make the LQ1 fast....specifically boost :) and some deep pockets....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MonteC

• topless94style

• Aaron

• chadz34

NY GTP, for what its worth, my LQ1 could tear my camaro's LG4 a new asshole any day of the week, sure its easy to mod and what not, but it wasen't always that way. SOMEONE had to take the initiave to make a aftermarket for EVERY engine out there, the. the 3.4 cars have just got to the point where people can get them fairly cheep in decent condition, and its just been overlooked, there is NO reason what so ever to scof at modding a LQ1 or spending money in R&D to mod it. you can have your 305 all day, i'll take my LQ1 thanks.

and who was bashing turbo dodges, i could pick up a older 5 speed turbo daytona for next to nothing and be into the 13s so fast... and faster if i wanted.

so the 3.4 IS a bastard child, i don't mind much even if the damn oil pump o ring likes to leak. its only a matter of time before the few people who work diligantly on moding this forgotten engine figgure out what can make it go fast. i'm sure the first people who said i want this supercharged GTP into the 11s were laughed at, now look at it there have been many people hit 11s in their GTPs

and who was bashing turbo dodges, i could pick up a older 5 speed turbo daytona for next to nothing and be into the 13s so fast... and faster if i wanted.

That was me, although I wouldnt call it too much bashing, because I have respect for the cars. Who ever the guy is that drives the gorgeous black one near me, i know who has the upper hand.

Im willing to make my pockets as deep as possible for this engine, more or less because this is the nicest car I have owned, I see potential in the engine, you dont see many MODED ones on the road, and insurance is a bitch :shock:

:lol: my comment about the turbo dodges was pretty much directed towards you Josh, but all in fun.

A kid I work with just bought a GTP, 92 or 93 I think. He wants me to do some work to it to help him build it up. He wants the turbo first and for most, but I want to try and lead him towards NA. See what we can do with that. Specifically with a set of reground cams. Itll be tough convincing him, as he is just turned 16 and wants to go fast NOW.

Guest TurboSedan

:lol: my comment about the turbo dodges was pretty much directed towards you Josh, but all in fun.

lol don't worry, i didn't consider it 'bashing' at all :lol:

Why do you want to be like every other jack off out there on the road with an LT1, LS1, L67 and any other motor easily accessible to mods. IMO, i like being different, and driving a camaro/trans am/mustang/GTP(97+) is like being like everyone else out there.....

Hey I take offense to that!!!!!

I like the challenge of modding this car. All the ones listed above are too easy to mod, whats the fun in that. I like the challenge this engine gives me to mod it, making it more interesting for the outcomes.

But going off what slick said above, i too love the challenge of modding this engine. There is no challenge in doing (basic)mods to Lt1s and such. Sure, getting into tuning and all that is hard, but christ once you get there your already running 12 seconds if not faster.

Sorry guys after reading that stuff, I've just gotta go for a quick ride around the block in my....LOLLERSKATES!!!!!

lollerskates.giflollerskates.giflollerskates.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say it! The final word should be the LQ1 IS FAST FOR STOCK. The only reason you can't get the 275 hp out of the engine is becuase they weakend the parts INSIDE THE ENGINE. Topless94, give'er with the turbo man that thing will kick ass.

I have to say it! The final word should be the LQ1 IS FAST FOR STOCK.
It's not fast at all. Maybe a little quick but not fast. A stock l67 isn't fast either.