What can i swap into my grand prick?

Fat Ryan

so the 3.4 would fit perfectly into my 89 2.8?

Once again, You'd have to swap your subframe to the '91-96 3.4/3800 one.

Thus, making the swap not a direct bolt in from what you currently have.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fat Ryan

• slick

• gp90se

• FastSE2DR

Top Posters In This Topic

well, yeah, i dont exactly have the tools for an engine swap. i know someone who will put in a new engine for me for like ~$400. so i just want to know what i could swap in. i didnt want it to be hard cause then it'll cost me more in labor. and theres a better chance that the guy will screw something up too.

If that is the case, then why are you wanting to swap the subframe as well? That's just more work than $400 worth. LIKE I SAID, go 3X00.

ok, i think theres some confusion here. im assuming that any 3x00 is a 3.x. cause thats how it is with every other GM ive seen. is the 3.4 not a 3400?

ok, i think theres some confusion here. im assuming that any 3x00 is a 3.x. cause thats how it is with every other GM ive seen. is the 3.4 not a 3400?

well, there is a 3.4 TDC (twin dual cam (basically dual overhead cam), then there's a 3400 which is just a pushrod v6 (basically a bored out 3100)

Difficulty is about the same, for a completely different machine I would go with a 3.4 TDC, but the maitenance is something to stay on top of. But for something easy go with a 3400 and those things will run forever.

Also, is this going into a 5speed?

im looking for the easiest swap thats better than the 2.8. also it would be alot better if it mated with my 2.8's 5spd too. it'd save me some more $$$.

Doesn't require all that much: http://www.3400swap.com/
thats only for cars that are 94-98 3100s. i have an 89 2.8

I'll PM patgizz. He had an early 90's lumina with a 3400 in it. It's pretty much a direct bolt in and go. A few minor things have to be done, but its nothing huge.

if you upgrade to a 93+ sub frame you won't have the subframe problems we have with these cars of the 88-91 year models. plus you can swap in a 3400 and have fun :)

4g65

wtf?

mitsu motor :lol:

Go find a yard with a totalled w-body thats 91+, unplug the firewall harness, unbolt the subframe/shocks/steering column and whatever elses holds it in, do the same thing to yours and slide it under ya car, bolt the newer subframe with motor/tranny attacked, plug it all in, ya done