What can i swap into my grand prick?

Fat Ryan

im assuming that my engine will not last more than a few years, so i would like to know what i can replace it with (besides another slow@$$ 2.8 ). the 3.1 isnt too much of a step up either, but thats a perfect swap, right? is there any other engines that are easy swaps (newer grand prick engs, turbo engines, non-wbody engines)? TIA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fat Ryan

• slick

• gp90se

• FastSE2DR

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3100/3400 will be a pretty much direct swap into your car as well, and would definately be worth the power gains from it. Hell, even the 3.4 DOHC is almost a direct swap, just gotta move some plugs around some.

The 3100/3400 will be a pretty much direct swap into your car as well, and would definately be worth the power gains from it. Hell, even the 3.4 DOHC is almost a direct swap, just gotta move some plugs around some.

If he had the 2.8 before, I don't think the cradle will have the provisions for the 3.4 DOHC's motor mounts.

If he had the 2.8 before, I don't think the cradle will have the provisions for the 3.4 DOHC's motor mounts.

Hmm... good point. If it is the older style, it might not work. I think when they started using the 3.1 you could swap in the 3.4 as well.

a 305 fits with plenty of room to spare, the LS2 is a little wider but i believe shorter then a good old v8s

The 3.4 was wider then the 305....

bach, bland :twisted: (yea yea im still finishing mine)

go find a H.O. quad 4 and getrag, 180 horses and i think it bolts in

He's looking for something easy. This would require swapping the wiring as well(it's not hard, but not a direct drop in and go).

Hmm... good point. If it is the older style, it might not work. I think when they started using the 3.1 you could swap in the 3.4 as well.

so will it work or not? and what car are they from?

3.1 Turbo, or a 3400, or a 2.3 Quad 4 HO, came in Grand Ams 92-95, and some W's, I wouldnt do a DOHC, cause there altenator/Timing belt issue

3.1 Turbo, or a 3400, or a 2.3 Quad 4 HO, came in Grand Ams 92-95, and some W's, I wouldnt do a DOHC, cause there altenator/Timing belt issue

Out of those, again, the easiest swap would be the 3400. 3.1 Turbo would have a lot of mechanical and some wiring work involved. 2.3 Quad 4 would be a ton of mechanial work and a ton of wiring.