Why I love my Z34....

92Typhoon

The wife and I finally got to take our honeymoon last week. What did we take? The Lumina of course. Greeley to Pagosa Springs, CO = lots of mountain driving. The Lumina is great. Handles really well, even as loaded as it was :lol: . Great uphill power, great passing power, smooth ride. Of course, when it comes to going uphill, it's no Typhoon, but I was certainly impressed with the 3.4. GM actually got something right. :D It may have high miles, but there's not one ounce of regret for buying this car. Now I just need to get up to Trail Ridge and get some good wallpaper quality pics.

Might have to get her a K&N or even go with a cone filter if it's worth it, just to give her more air at altitude, but other than that, I love the Z34.

There's no lack of power man thats for sure. The 3.4 is a good motor with regular maintenence. Yeah, sure give it the odd punch here and there. It's cool to here someone using a Z34 for family trips. :D

yeah, I'm a z34 fan, but eh...theres gonna be people on here "wait till the timing belt, or when you need to change the sparkplugs" blah blah blah..

I like em just the way they are thank you.

Great uphill power, great passing power...but I was certainly impressed with the 3.4.

Might have to get her a K&N or even go with a cone filter if it's worth it, just to give her more air at altitude, but other than that, I love the Z34.

Wow, after driving my Z34 for the past 4 years, the red car almost doesn't have enough power. It is just really hesitant to rev and accelerate compared to the white car, and this altitude doesn't help.

I'd definately suggest a cone filter, it makes it sound a lot cooler, and adds some power on the midrange.

I've always loved the styling of Z34's. I first feel in love with them when my uncle had a red '93. I remeber riding in it going to Pistons games. But he sold it when the rear brakes kept going every 5k. :lol:

i'm planning on running up from central indiana to about 1/2 way up the east side of lake michigan to my aunt's summer house w/the lady :wink:. i'm stoked about taking it and i'm confident it will do the trip! as far as my suspension.....a tribute to the late 60 muscle cars :lol:. x2 on the car shows! the guy at gauge magazine.com(club sponser!) is excited to see mine. he said he has never seen one at the indy truck bash, let alone anyone doing anything w/a lumina!

at altitude

Look we all know that altitude KILLS all cars (exempting turbo apps). That has nothing to do with these. He was just saying that a little more power would be appreciated, and me, driving the same car at the same altitude, WITH A 5-SPEED nonetheless, agreed.

Lumina are the shiaat, plain and simple! especially the Z34, from the 3.4 DOHC to the exterior styling Chevy finally did something right with a car for once! i just can't wait till i get another DOHC...

I love my Z34 because it's habit, along with all the aforementioned reasons. I've loved this car since i first laid eyes on it 13 years ago, I was four years old, couldn't see over the door sill and when my dad hit it, I totally, honestly thought it was a racecar. since that first day I've been begging him for this car and now that it's mine, It wont pass emissions :evil: :lol: And yet I still love her.