Speaker upgrade help

mixe olds

I just bought a 94 CS convertible with an Alpine radio already installed. What I don't have are speakers to go with it. When I first went to go look at the car to buy it the speakers were gone. So I have cut outs in the doors where speakers should be and factory speakers in the back. Right now the rear speakers work but sounds like crap when you turn up the volume. I also have an amp in the trunk with something else. I'm not up with whats what in the stereo world and would like a little help on what I should do to improve my speaker situation. I would like to put speakers in the doors again and maybe a sub in the trunk but don't know where to start. Any suggestions please.

813390_3_full.jpg

813390_4_full.jpg

Looks like the previous owner cut the door panel for a component set. Pick up a 5 1/4 woofer/tweeter/x-over set and you'll be good to go. Get a good set of 6X9's for the rear deck and it'll be green, dude. If you don't know which brand to buy, I'd suggest Planet Audio. Good prices, sounds good...what else do you need?

Get a good set of 6X9's for the rear deck and it'll be green, dude.

not on a vert. I bleieve the rear's are 6.5's in the back. I'm not 100%, but pretty sure, but at any reate, I know they're round :-)

Get a good set of 6X9's for the rear deck and it'll be green, dude.

not on a vert. I bleieve the rear's are 6.5's in the back. I'm not 100%, but pretty sure, but at any reate, I know they're round :-)

*slaps forehead* Convertible. Yeah, they're 6 1/2's :oops: