car wont peel out (what the heck)

dohc v6

my 3.4 in my 95 cutty will chirp for a good 3 to 4 seconds on hmm; i like to call them good days:?: i have 138,000 on it and i know the previous owner pretty well, he pretty much gives a new meaning to car abuser; he took 6-7, or more trips to texas from michigan with the car, and i have seen him tranny drop other cars so im sure that was done to my poor car in the past :? . when the original transmission went out something broke loose in the transmission (i forgot the part spyder gear maybe something with the differential) and actually TORE through the trans housing. Why i bought the car i dont know:bash: Sometimes i can brake them free for long enough to get up past that dreaded 4grand deadspot and then have them smoking. The tread is pretty worn that helps im sure but on other days the power fluxuates.

Try brake torquing; but dont launch your first few times doing it. Watch your rpms see if they bounce around when its torqued up; if they arent steady go from there have it diagnosed your loosing power somewhere; maybe dyno it see how much power is getting to the wheels?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• sl3196

• GP1138

• THe_DeTAiL3R

Pfft.

My 1989 Buick GS doesn't chirp/spin the tires w/ the 3.1! And that's w/ my tires at the PSI maxium on the tire - 44 PSI!?!

Just get a newer vehicle if you want to churp the tires - plus I'm sure the cops are just looking for a free ticket!

8) :lol:

Hehehe. Mine can leave a pretty good little patch of rubber. IDK why, but my 3.1 feels a lot stronger than it should :shrug:

anybody get them to spin or atleast chirp shifting into 2 gear 8)

Hell yes. i used to when i was almost Stock with the 80,000 mile duglas tires. Now i cant do that b/c of my bridgestones

it wasnt a full spin but it was a chirp that you could easily hear over the motor

:willynilly: :willynilly:

Launchgonebad.JPG

I can get my tires to chip into 2nd once and awhile. I don't normally slam it that hard into gear though.

do i only see one mark there??

:P

Ill have to get a pic of the one i did last night from a 12MPH roll.

Not to bad, stupid auto doesnt downshift fast enough

my car burns out on almost brand new tires! Low end torque on these 3.1, plus the turbo, man it will squeel, then the turbo will start boosting, and it just roasts them, all the way through the gear then grips

Pfft.

My 1989 Buick GS doesn't chirp/spin the tires w/ the 3.1! And that's w/ my tires at the PSI maxium on the tire - 44 PSI!?!

Just get a newer vehicle if you want to churp the tires - plus I'm sure the cops are just looking for a free ticket!

8) :lol:

Hehehe. Mine can leave a pretty good little patch of rubber. IDK why, but my 3.1 feels a lot stronger than it should :shrug:

Mine was just like that here in the Detroit area w/ warmer (75+F) weather. Felt very-very stronger..seems to like warmer temps.

My tires are also AA traction and AA tempature... :wink:

:D

my Z didn't chirp either... then it got shitty tires, lol

when it's wet out, though, I can tag the speedo before I'm through an intersection (with both tires spinning... yay for heads out the window! lol)

right now, I've gotta brake torque to get it to chirp, though... I've yet to peel out from a dead stop on pavement... but despite all the mudding and snow idiocy, I've yet to do a one wheel wonder in my Z :lol:

I'm suprised the 3.4L can't do more than that especially with a 5-speed. I'm not flaming or anything I would just expect it to lay nice patch's, just look at what my tired 3.1L will do.

000_0555.jpg