car wont peel out (what the heck)

dohc v6

so i have really never floored my car. but there wasthis one car i had to beet. so i floored and did not even chirp i was like what. so i figured it could be too much fluid in the tranny 2 q over or maybe a fuel problem. i is a brand new motor so that can not be it. but when ever i touch the gas just a little it hesitates a little and then jumps to like 4 grand. or is my car really this slow

94 z34

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• sl3196

• slick

• john99gtp

I am guessing that there is something wrong with the engine. Something electrical/sensor related. Hell, my GS with a 3.1 can peel out both wheels pretty damn good, I mean for a 3.1. :wink: I'm gonna post a 0-60vid when I get the car insured for the summer

Everyone knows the 3.4 DOHC has no bottom end. Even magazine articles have said the 3.4 only has a enough grunt to barely squeek the tires from a stand still, and that was with a new, no-mileage engine. It doesn't surprise me at all that a well-used 3.4 can't brake them loose.

Everyone knows the 3.4 DOHC has no bottom end. Even magazine articles have said the 3.4 only has a enough grunt to barely squeek the tires from a stand still, and that was with a new, no-mileage engine. It doesn't surprise me at all that a well-used 3.4 can't brake them loose.

i is a brand new motor

Despite the broken sentence structure, that quote says to me that there is no reason his car shouldn't be able to break the tires loose. Back when I first started driving, I test drove a '93 GTP that had the 3.4, and I was able to break the tires loose at every stop sign. There's gotta be something wrong.

3.4 should break the tires lose no problem. Hell, even my old 2.8 that needed a tuneup could spin the tires for about a second. My 3100 can leave a couple feet of rubber, nothing fancy but not bad for what it is.

I'd check the fuel system, maybe it needs a cleaning. Maybe your air filter is dirty :lol:

I've never had any problem breaking my tires loose, even brand new ones. and my engine hasn't always even been running good :?

maybe he has good tires? my 3100 doesnt chirp but sometimes they will spin at like 4k which i find really weird but i heard that an open element filter can ruin the torque on the 3100..

the motor is a 95 dohc and it is a 94 car so could that do any thing. yeah the motor is brand new 1700 miles on it. there is one thing the tranny was rebuilt but in od it likes to jump. i have no idea but i know that my 92 with 140,000 miles can peel out pretty good and it is old. so what are my options. 1. check the fuel -what should i look for i changed the fuel filter and the psi is a stabel 30. tranny- it acts really wierd i brought it up to the place and the guy said it was nothing.3 i can get a scan from gm- thats 90$ and what are they going to tell me, i have no ses codes. also the plugs, wires and all the little tune ups have been done. please i need help my car runs like a 20 , well thats what it feels like

well its around 2,000 now but the rings seat after 1,000 miles. my dad rebuilt the engine and has been doing so for 30 years i never let it idel for more than 5 sec. but thats not the point why is it so slow. it is like a granny car

wait a few thousand miles!, If that motor only has 1700 miles it is not broken in and the rings haven't seated

I completely agree. Mine is just rolling over 18,000km (11,000miles) and its really starting to tighten up. I really wouldnt start bagging that engine untill you see atleast 5000 miles. Give her some time to break in

I wouldent be that hard on the engine at all. I also cannot burnout on dry pavement. On wet its a whole nother story. A while back it was raining alot here in Arizona and I was doing burnouts all over the place. Well about 3 days later my engine blew. I dont think flooring it from a complete stop and letting the tires spin for a while didnt help.

So I say if you want to keep ur car running strong and reliable dont do it at all.

my 3100 has no problem spinin the tires, even on brand new tires, are the injectors and most of the fuel parts in the engine brand new? if they are, there shouldnt be anything wrong with the fuel getting to the engine. maybe the problem is trying to ignite the fuel, check the spark plugs because sometimes you can get a shitty one that wont work very good.

My car is the same way. It absolutely will not chirp the tires from a dead stop unless the pavement is wet or there's loose material on the road. But then again I've got fairly soft 245 tires installed.

a car peeling out isn't a good thing it cuts your 1/4 time down since you waste time spinning the wheels like that. a drag car with a properly setup suspension will not burn rubber or even chirp the tires. i would only be concerned if your z34 loses to my 2.8 in a race if that happens your car has major problems :lol:

My 3.1 Lumina can spin the tires off the line, but I don't do it often...only done it 3 times since I've owned it. The 3.1 has torque lower RPMso that is probably why.

My Dad's Taurus (3.0) can't break the tires loose in the rain even I bet lol...but really pulls around 3500-5500rpm

I'd rather have higher end pull though

- Jeff L.