• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• sl3196

• GP1138

• THe_DeTAiL3R

WHAT!?! The DOHC will squeel, If you floor it and it doesn't even chirp you have a problem. I have no problems with power at all, but then again I only have 44,000 kilmometers on my car. I haven't ever matted it, but I have still broke them loose.

Pfft.

My 1989 Buick GS doesn't chirp/spin the tires w/ the 3.1! And that's w/ my tires at the PSI maxium on the tire - 44 PSI!?!

Just get a newer vehicle if you want to churp the tires - plus I'm sure the cops are just looking for a free ticket!

8) :lol:

my 3.4 DOHC will chirp every 1 in 3 times I try to make it. I think it depends on how you stomp the pedal on my car. I've always wondered why it does sometimes but not others. I do have good tires on it, which might account for somethng. My mom's 2000 GTP is a different story though. It'll chirp alot easier.

3.4 should spin just as easy as a 3.1. Yes, they have most of their power up high, but they have ~200HP compared to 140hp or whatever so regardless they should spin. And yes, you shouldn't be beating on your engine with such low mileage.... :roll:

And yes, you shouldn't be beating on your engine with such low mileage.... :roll:

why not? its not as bad as you think it is...its better to break your motor in early anyway...and 2k is PLENTY broken in...if not then there might be somethin wrong with the motor because of the build or somethin

Something MUST be wrong with the engine if it can't spin the tires like hell. A brand new 2000ish GTP I test drove (a few years ago) with only a handfull of miles broke the tires lose so to speak, a good 20-30ft patch I'd say....

i think it has something to do with the fuel. but i do have brand new tires on there they have 1,000 miles on them. i have no idea. i should be able to get something. when i stomp on it it feels like it hesitates a little and then all the sudden it opens up. so what do you guys think it is. the engine was rebuilt perfectly. do you think it could be something with the fuel curve because on the newer style engine. do you think it could be the tranny. i might just switch to a 5 speed. but it is a 94 z and they are pretty rare so i am lost

I could spin the tires no problem with my DOHC. 1/2-3/4 throttle from a stop would chrip them no problem. Although a few times i did notice that dropping it all the way to the floor from a stop would cause a slight bog. Now when i launch like that i go 3/4 till it pics up speed a bit then drop the gas to the floor. Your motor should have no problem spinning the tires, and a nice 500-1000mile break in period should be plenty for a new engine.

I could spin the tires no problem with my DOHC. 1/2-3/4 throttle from a stop would chrip them no problem. Although a few times i did notice that dropping it all the way to the floor from a stop would cause a slight bog. Now when i launch like that i go 3/4 till it pics up speed a bit then drop the gas to the floor. Your motor should have no problem spinning the tires, and a nice 500-1000mile break in period should be plenty for a new engine.

a car peeling out isn't a good thing it cuts your 1/4 time down since you waste time spinning the wheels like that. a drag car with a properly setup suspension will not burn rubber or even chirp the tires. i would only be concerned if your z34 loses to my 2.8 in a race if that happens your car has major problems :lol:

Incorrect. It is actually good for a small amount of wheelspin in the 1/4 mile. In fact, high speed dragsters spin there tires the whole way down the track. When there tires do catch, thats when they start losing control, and crash.

anybody get them to spin or atleast chirp shifting into 2 gear 8)

My tranny has shifted hard enough to chirp them once before :willynilly:

Yep, sure have, and plenty often.

When my engine was running at its peak, it even chirped into 3rd.... :D

well from personal experience, Tires will make a huge difference if you can squeal tires. a new set of tires will make it hard to break them loose. i know i can break tq to 1500rpms and get minimal tire spin,

just give your car some time with the new motor and all. let everything seat properly and it will be a screamer

I can spin about a half a revolution consistently with 176,000 miles on the engine and trans. However it's almost totally silent :? I've got goodyear eagle RSII's up front I believe. never even gotten close to a chirp into second, But I almost never redline first.

And yes, you shouldn't be beating on your engine with such low mileage.... :roll:

why not? its not as bad as you think it is...its better to break your motor in early anyway...and 2k is PLENTY broken in...if not then there might be somethin wrong with the motor because of the build or somethin

44,000 kms is like 19,000 miles my motor has just gotten tight as I think it will get? It's fast. But will it get tighter?

a car peeling out isn't a good thing it cuts your 1/4 time down since you waste time spinning the wheels like that. a drag car with a properly setup suspension will not burn rubber or even chirp the tires. i would only be concerned if your z34 loses to my 2.8 in a race if that happens your car has major problems :lol:

Incorrect. It is actually good for a small amount of wheelspin in the 1/4 mile. In fact, high speed dragsters spin there tires the whole way down the track. When there tires do catch, thats when they start losing control, and crash.

I thought wheelspin was good because it helps the engine get into it's powerband quicker so that when the tires actually do hook up, the engine is at it's most efficient spot.

I thought wheelspin was good because it helps the engine get into it's powerband quicker so that when the tires actually do hook up, the engine is at it's most efficient spot.

Yep.

my new engine didn't get to its full potential until at least 2K in. It was probably more like 5K miles though before it was at its full potential. It would barely chirp the tires before I put 500 on the clock.

i think it is the tranny i have 2 quarts of fluid to much would that do anything.and i tryed to get them to chirp yesterday and they didvery lightly but i think i was on the slick part of the white line at the stop light. i deffinitly think it is the tranny. i hate auto's