Brake boosters are hard work!

mihela816

Finally got my 96 brake booster into the Lumina. Whew! 2 hours of hard labor, getting that damn cotter pin of the brake pushrod, and locking the new booster into place. That thing is never coming out of the car again. Next up is to install the larger front brake that are in my basement.

Unfortunately, I didn't disconnect the battery, and all the hood and interior lights, and the occasional brake light, kileed my battery. Its charging now. And I need to take a pic of my booster install/removal tool, which is made out of an old futon frame! :lol:

God damn it, the thing is leaking vacuum. I think it might be one of the seals. Turns out the battery actually finally died, though. Wouldn't hold a charge.

Well, I took the new booster out. Turned out the round plastic cylinder on the back actually broke off. So I'm back to the stock booster again. :(

Well, I took the new booster out. Turned out the round plastic cylinder on the back actually broke off. So I'm back to the stock booster again. :(

Ouch man, sorry to hear that! :(

Is there any way to test a booster out of the car?

I have a 96 Monte booster, but I'm afraid to go to all the work you did just to find out it's a bad booster.