The regal feels shaky as all hell(update no more)

HokemBokem

Yea I just dont get it :shrug: As soon as i start hitting 55+ mph like on the freeway on the way to school. The whole car gets a bit shaky. Almost feels like im braking on warped rotors just driving around without the brake applied.

When I got 2 new tires they rotated and balanced but it was a deal from a family friend and I dont know if they did a good job or not. My tires all look good and are filled with the right pressure.

I need some more ideas bc I really want to get this fixed. It looks like im going to be driving the Regal for a while longer and a lot of the miles will be 65+ on the freeway and im sick of driving like this.

well me and gsregal93 were talking on the mirc chat room and he says it has to be the balancing. I think I might have to go get my tires balanced today and I hope to god it fixes my problem.

Make sure your lug nuts are all torqued to 100 ft/lbs. That fixed a LOT of shaking on my 'Prix.

Yea I always make sure there 100 ft/lbs at my dads because he has a tourque wrench. I need to get one of my own.

But anyway I just got back from Discount tire. Got my tires Balanced and rotated (also pressure check) for 30 bucks even. I only got up to 65 on the way home and it felt really smooth :D

I missed the way my Regal used to cruise on the highways so smooth. And really hope shes got that back :)

also, you might have had a weight that they put on the rim to balance it fall off.....that would make the car shake.

Yea I was wondering that. When me and my dad did my rear brakes the other day I didnt see any weights :shrug:

At least you didn't have a bad belt in your tire like I did! (same symptoms).

Yea was searching earlier today for symptoms of unbalanced tires and I canme across one of your posts from so long ago. Said you went to Wal-mart to get the balance done and ended up being a huge lump in your tire.

Well tday was the first day since I got my tires balanced and rotated that I got to drive on the freeway. And my Regal feels just like she used to :D Cruises the highway so smooth.

Now hopefuklly this will last for a while. How often are you supposed to get ur tires balanced?

Handles so good. Just got off the freeway like 5 min ago. Was doing like 80-85 and it felt so smooth were usualy it would be shakin my hand like a good amount.