Intrax Lowering coils and Birchmount springs questions

FreakingGomer

I was reading through the threads regarding the intrax coils and the birchmount springs and I didn't see where anyone listed where they got theirs, also, I just searched online for them and none of the stores seemed to have the coils for a 89+ fwd oldsmobile, I have a 1993 Cutlass Coupe and am trying to find a place to purchase both the coils and the rear spring.

Any help would be appreciated, and sorry if I missed it in the previous threads.

*sigh*

The springs are meant to use on 95-99 Monte Carlo's. That's why you haven't found them. There are retailers that sell them in sets of 4, because that's what Monte's need. They have no monoleaf spring in the rear, which is where Birchmount comes in. But to answer the Intrax question, everyone that bought theres recently got them directly through Intrax's warehouse in CA. The springs were specially ordered for us because they normally come in sets of 4, but most people on this board wanted just the fronts, because we have no use (hence monoleaf/Birchmount).

You can but a set of 4, but the MSRP is $329.99, and you will have 2 extra springs.

There are a few options for the rear (leaf spring), Flex-A-Form rear leaf, which hasn't been spoken too highly of, and also the Birchmount spring which has now stopped taking new buyers. You may still be able to get one, but the price is not guaranteed to be what it was for us.

Or you can go the more expensive route and get coilovers, but those aren't spoken highly of either. :wink:

thanks, I found a page on w-body like 5 minutes after I posted, I think I am going to hold off on the drop, I am just going to get my wheels first and then get my drop later on if I am unhappy with the look.

from the other post on this category I gathered that 245/50/r17's work best for 17x8's

thanks again

245/50-17 will probably rub.

That's the same width and diameter as my 245/45-18's, and they rub on the right front splash shield if I crank the wheel all the way. They definitely reduce the wheel gap to be as small as a late model German car though.

You can go to 245/45-17 and it shouldn't rub, or the in-between size of 235/50-17 should fit well too.

hey just a quick question, just bought some sweet falken ziex's 235/50/17 for my 17s and was wondering if when i lower my car with the birchmount and intrax springs if it will be ok, and wont rub. looks like it will be ok.