Wierd rotor warping issues...

bartonmd

OK, I've noticed this sometimes before, but not as bad as last weekend... On my '92 Euro, when the brakes are cold, the thing stops with no drama whatsoever... Feels clean as hell... BUT, when the brakes get heated up, it feels like they're warped bigger than shit (not REALLY bad, but definately noticable)... When they cool back down (like, I get out of the twisties and onto the highway), they stop smoothly again... I don't get it... It seems like a rotor's warping ONLY when it's hot, then going back to normal when it cools down... All the rotors and pads have been replaced in the last 20k, although the rotors were "white box" rotors...

This happened specifically when I was going 135 back up from southern Indiana from helping a friend fix his bike... I know the road fairly well because I ride my bike down there a lot... Had to test out the Yoko H4S's and GR-2's, so I was taking corners at double advisory and such... I also now know the difference between a "temperature A" and a "Temperature B" tire... The Temperature B tires that I've gone through there with were COOKING at the other end (about 29 miles of twisty road), but the H4S's (39.5 psig cold) weren't really even warm and my corner speeds were higher this time... NICE!

Anybody had this happen on the rotors though??

Thanks,

Mike