What do you guys know of a Directed Amp (2400D)

Smoke1991

well my cusin has this amp laying around, brand new 2004 in the box still and he has no use for it. they sell for 500-800 retail. but im interested in getting some information like persional reviews, has anyone ever used this amp???

also a question, they really do not specify the continus wattage the amps give out. i was talking to my friend at work today and he told me to get some specs of this amp.

no where i can find the constant wattage power, along with specs like if it is bridgable.

thanks for your help. btw he says directed is garbage for car audio. but if i can get this amp from my cusin for like 150 bucks im going to take it.

:twisted:

Google is your friend!

DEI Directed 2400d

Subwoofer Mono Amp

click here to view an enlarged image

Write a review for this item.

SoundDomain.com Overview

The Directed 2400d is a hot amp that always keeps its cool! This mono amplifier features a super-efficient Class D Pulse Width Modulated design, which allows it to run a lot cooler than conventional amp designs. The Class D design enables the 2400d to be compact in size yet still pour on the power into 2 ohms, putting out an awesome 2400 watts! A switchable phase invert function makes sure your mids are not interfering with the ferocious bass output while the continuously variable 18 dB/octave low-pass crossover delivers the right signals to your subs. A built in 8 dB bass boost allows you to dial in as much bass as you can handle, and a remote subwoofer level control included. The variable input sensitivity accepts up to 8 volt input, making it compatible with any source unit. Other goodies include a rugged one-piece extruded heat sink and gold-plated wire terminals and RCA connectors. Features full thermal, DC offset, reverse polarity and short circuit protection.

Save over 50% off the original price. Quantities are limited so act fast!

Subwoofer Mono Amp Specifications

Amplifier Type: Mono

RMS Power: 1400W @ 4 ohms

Bridged RMS Power: 2400W @ 2 ohms

THD at Rated RMS Power: <0.4%

Speaker Level Inputs: No

Preamp Outputs: Yes

Built-In Crossovers: LP

Bass Boost: 8 dB

Frequency Response: 20-250 Hz

Channel Separation: n/a

Signal to Noise Ratio: >80 dB

Fuse Rating: n/a

Shipping Weight: 12 lbs

Warranty: 1 year

DEI was always quality stuff as far as I know.

so do you think thats overkill running that amp to these

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/archive/thunderSub3124.cfm

:-P

edit: if i get this amp, and hook them up to my 3000's cant i just lower the base setting a little or do somthing else not to blow them?? or am i doing somthing bad, :lol:

im still trying to learn car audio, its a whole diff world.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

well my cusin still never got back to me regarding the dam amp. im hopin he would sell it to me so i can resell it and make 200% profit, and spend half of the money and buy a 600 watt rms amp. id be very happy then. because i got a amp and cash outa the deal :)

ever heard a speaker blow???? sounds like you on the way that amp could power 8 of those mtx's but i'd do 4 :twisted: ...they lie in those specs...get a multimeter and an oscillascope you'll see...also they lie cuz you ever seen a 1ohm sub?????

Sound is science...i swear!

ever heard a speaker blow???? sounds like you on the way that amp could power 8 of those mtx's but i'd do 4 :twisted: ...they lie in those specs...get a multimeter and an oscillascope you'll see...also they lie cuz you ever seen a 1ohm sub?????

Sound is science...i swear!

i agree to an extent... thanks for the imput you guys.. this thread is dead now.