Radio: Will this fit?

SSPSU93

of course it will "fit", but I don't think that it will work correctly if it is the "Monsoon" version.

Are you sure? I thought they were the same (non-Monsoon/Monsoon head units). Isn't the difference in the external amps & speakers? IIRC, the Monsoon head unit has the same on-board amp as the regular counterpart - somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

my sister has a 98 firebird with monsoon and the only difference between that and my 96 is that is says monsoon on it. the connectors are the same and my 96 even had the connector in the back for the factory amp. i put mine in her car cause it took a dump and its been working fine ever since

I'll try to get a reg version cd player from ebay. Okay I need a little help. How do I remove the dash pieces to get to the radio tand remove it?
Are you talking about a 95 Grand Prix? First you have to remove the knob from the shifter. Look on the front of the shifter for a metal clip. Stick a small flat-blade screwdriver under the clip and pry it straight out. Grab the knob and pull it straight up.

(butthead.gif Huh huh huh, you said "Grab the knob and pull it" huh huh huh...)

Now raise the armrest and pull up on the upper console (you'll have to put the shifter in Drive or 2nd to be able to lift it all the way off.) Be sure to put the armrest down when you've removed the upper console.

With the upper console out of the way, reach under the HVAC controls and locate the 2 screws that hold on the bezel that goes around the radio. Remove the 2 screws and the bezel will pop right off. The radio is held in by 2 more screws...