addco sway bar bracket broke please help- update update got

dohc v6

ok so ups came and no box. so i called trey and he sounded really frustrated but i asked him where the bar was and he said it had still not shipped so i told him get it out toda and we should have it friday. please be patient. from trey

mark, sorry i just got your emails. we have been changing ISP's and its

taken a while to get all the computers up to par with it. per our

conversation earlier today i will ship your bar today, and i'll send it

next day because i screwed up not sending it friday. thanks for your

patience.

Trey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• GnatGoSplat

• AWeb80

• blackbombshell95

this is what is going to happen. i am going to pu the bar in in about 2or 3 hours and i will have pics up then. the new bar look so much better and i am almost 100% it will work. and i have new brackets to test also. so it is going to be an exciting friday.

ok i will send them out now. the bar works great. there is one problem when i go over a bump road the bar like gets cought up and thumps really loud. i think it is the alignment. because when i put the jack under it and make sure it is aligned on both inner brackes the same distance then it does not seem to do that. so i will check it out and see if that does anything. and the bar is wider on the ends and oes not hit the body. the new inner brackets work good to.

::note:: from earlier. I was told to use stock gp brackets with the 22mm bushings. Well i got it installed today. I like the stock look there on the center brackets. the bushings are absolutely fantastic. They hold the bar so snug. the bar doesn't move back and forth like it use to. But i never had a problem with the bar going too far in one direction. I stilll haven't installed Aweb's brackets yet.

But the sway bar is damn right on the rear alignment arms. Less room than before :? . Needless to say i was angry. I was told that they would give more room. So i got fed up and took a air chisel and hammered away at the bottom of the alignment arms. Now no more thumping. I dont need the new sway bar now. I'm good as new.

What are Aweb's brackets that you haven't installed?

I don't really understand where it was hitting on yours. I guess I don't really understand what the alignment arms are. Mine doesn't hit anything. :think:

Aweb80's custom brackets that he made to the sway bar doesn't slide from one end to the other. he has pics on page 2 or 3 of this thread.

What places does the addco sway bar hit? The center alignment arms. U know where you adjust the rear TOE. right dead center of hte sway bar. i had half an inch with the addco brackets. I had ZERO clearance with the stock brackets with the 22mm bushings. But those bushings hold that bar so damn nice and snug!!. So i had to take an air hammer and cut a piece of metal off of the bottom center of the alignment arms so it wouldn't rub.

Now no thumping. I do no longer need the new addco sway bar....

A note to people who haven't installed the bar. In the outer poly urethane bushings, just make sure u put a lub in there. And for hte center brackets, keep your stock brackets and use the 22mm bushing for the monte carlo. And knock out that piece of metal i was talking about. And there willl be no noise or interferance.

Very strange, I don't know why yours hits the center and mine doesn't.

95 might be slightly different under there than 89, but I didn't think so. :shrug:

It does come close to the threaded bolts that are sticking out, but doesn't touch them.