addco sway bar bracket broke please help- update update got

dohc v6

from trey

I'm interested to hear your ideas on strengthening the mounting brackets. Talk with you soon.

Trey

I'd mention to him that the poly bushings for the inner hangers don't really do anything performance wise, all they do is hold the bar where it is....

What i'm saying is i'm gonna get rubber bushings for those hangers cause the stress that the pollys will not absorb are then transfered to the hanger witch obviousely breaks on many of our hangers.

I'll find my own rubber bushings unless he gets us some.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• GnatGoSplat

• AWeb80

• blackbombshell95

well i have been working with trey on a new type of bracket and we are coming up with something soon. as for the bar i think he is going to remake them. because they were not wide enough and thats why everybody had the clunking problem. as fas as recommending it, once it is redone it is going to very very nice. if any body has suggestions on the hangers let me know please. i will update friday

Not wide enough? If you mean from left to right, it was plenty wide enough, almost a little too wide. If you mean from front to back, then yeah, it needs to be an inch or so longer from front to back.

any updates from addco?

The rear of my car is lowered about 1.5 to 2.0 inches(ffpcoilovers}. And I also get the clunking noises over bumps wtih my addco bar... Would raising the rear of my car back up stop the addco sway bar from hitting my alignment arms?

let me call him on monday and i will tell him that we need to get something going becuase this is a little rediculus. so if i talk to him or he e-mails me i will post on moday with news. as far as the bar hitting you should raise the car up a little that will help but also you can make a ghetto rig to lower the bar its self a little just make sure it does not hit the lateral link arms. will post monday

so i just called him and he said that the first new bar is going to sent to me to be tested and if everything works out he will get with every body else. so i have to give him sopme measurments and we should be good

• 2 weeks later...
so i just called him and he said that the first new bar is going to sent to me to be tested and if everything works out he will get with every body else. so i have to give him sopme measurments and we should be good

Do we know when the first bar will be complete?

I've fixed mine and every thing is cool....it took a lot of modifications though.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v639/AWeb/strut%20pics/?

You can see where i torched away some of the inside "fender" to make room for the bar since i lowered the car....this allows me to raise up the bar with the innter mounts and it then clears the latteral link arms and doesn't clunk.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/AWeb/strut%20pics/100_0589.jpg

i think for those of us with the stock ride height cars we need slide on metal covers to keep the bar from sliding into the points it was hitting AWeb80's car. and for those of us with lowered cars it needs to have less of a bend in it. oh and u shaped center link brakets out of 1" 1/4" thick steel that can be painted or is powder coated black already.

I guess it was smart of me to reuse my factory center link brackets because I have over 1" clearance to the points it was hitting Aweb's car.
:lol: that is why i made a set of hangers that match the fe3 cutlass ones they seem to be working well :?

I've fixed mine and every thing is cool....it took a lot of modifications though.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v639/AWeb/strut%20pics/?

You can see where i torched away some of the inside "fender" to make room for the bar since i lowered the car....this allows me to raise up the bar with the innter mounts and it then clears the latteral link arms and doesn't clunk.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/AWeb/strut%20pics/100_0589.jpg

when you say u raised up the bar with the inner mounts, do you mean that you did in what the directions say to do if you don't have a factory sway bar with the inner mounts?? that means that you bolted the bar up to the ceiling of the under carriage right?

i took the stock mounts and cut them and then welded the addco pieces on.....then milled out slots in the center so i could adjust the bar up or down with the inner hangers.....its kinda rigged together....

I got brand new inner hangers for $15 from 90TGP, so i'm gonna make them better when i have time....hopfullyin the next 2 wks.....i';lll take pics then.